Buying a car for your sb

Those that have done this... How did you accomplish it?

So my sb wants a car. Trying to figure out the best way to make this happen. My SO would notice 30k missing so cashing out is out of the question. My SB has no credit so she can't finance it. I was thinking of financing it and carrying it in my name... I can bury that pretty well. Anyone with experience doing this? Any unforeseen potential ramifications?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated
I would suggest reading this thread.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=463113

That is more hobbiest/provider point-of-view though as a SB who's not a provider would be different scenario.

Good luck though!
The problem with being on the note and the title is the liability. Where that car goes so goes your liability ass.Tote note lots will carry (her name) credit or no credit with enough down.
What's a tote note? (sorry)
I would suggest reading this thread.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=463113

That is more hobbiest/provider point-of-view though as a SB who's not a provider would be different scenario.

Good luck though! Originally Posted by Hercules
Thanks I'll check it out. Definitely not a provider. She's way out of my league though lol. I consider myself a pretty experienced hobbyist and this girl is kicking my ass.
Tote the note lots do or have their own in-house financing.
Tote note lots are not normally a good choice for an auto purchase. They are the darker side of auto sales. That being said your situation might make this an option.
If she can't finance it herself, and you can't buy it cash, she doesn't need it. If she had legal income, and no credit, she would be the perfect candidate with a cosigner. Hopefully you have an ambitious SB that you could help establish a business for, and in a few months a car could definitely be possible. But if you do it, it's up to you to decide the possible ramifications of your actions.

Will your wife find a paper trail? It will be on your credit report if you buy it or have them run it.

Will SB understand if you tell her no, or buy her one that's less than new? If she just wants a nice car (maybe even just a couple of years old), I would most definitely do a CL search, and there are dealerships that will put the car in her name, won't run her credit, and you'll probably be out of less.

If she's a brat, I don't know what to tell you...
I wouldn't even dream of buying her a $30K vehicle. You can get all kinds of nice used cars like Sebrings or Lexus' for $5-$7K on Craigslist; just pay cash.

Title it in her name, and if there's a deal involved, have your name put on the title as the lienholder. That way if she reneges on the deal you can have it repossessed for a few hundred dollars. After she takes care of her end of the deal, just sign off on the title.

If you really like her and $5-$7K is not that big a hit, given your financial situation, just title it in her name with no lienholder listed.

Tote the note lots are another option, but you're gonna pay 2-3X what you would pay on Craigslist for the same vehicle. And someone has to make sure the payments are kept current, because they will repossess them in a day or less if a payment is missed.
Agreed. If you can't pay cash for it you are just asking to get caught.
Get your head out of your ass, or hers, and think what you are saying: You want to hide the fact that you buy a mistress a car from your wife. You can't find the cash outright, but you think you can hide it from your wife if you have a note?

Way too many ways for your wife to find a rabbit trail leading back to your mistress.

Time to pick one, the wife or the mistress.

Any other steps will just lead to hurt relationships and family courtrooms with very messy results. If you really think this is the one, then dump the wife. And be prepared no matter what for some sad days ahead.
Only way I have done that is cash. I set up an account for them and part of their allowance went to the car account. They worked toward and for it. Only one made it to a nice vehicle.

It is the nature of the beast. If you are owed sessions / time aand they have already collected, you will not get what you think you are owed.
Thanks for the feedback. Cash is the preferred option. Im comfortable but not so that I can easily hide a 30k withdrawal. I'll look for a cheaper cash option or explore some of the tote the note places.

I appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry if my question offended some. Some of the replies seemed to be laced with a little animosity...

I'll go back to my quiet lurking now
Thanks for the feedback. Cash is the preferred option. Im comfortable but not so that I can easily hide a 30k withdrawal. I'll look for a cheaper cash option or explore some of the tote the note places.

I appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry if my question offended some. Some of the replies seemed to be laced with a little animosity...

I'll go back to my quiet lurking now Originally Posted by Doctorscotty
Agreed whats up with all the bashing? He did not come for advice about whether or not he should buy her a car, just discreet options... sheesh you people need to lighten up here.

I hope it all works out for you and your SB
No pussy is worth 30K!

If your name is anywhere on it, guess what, when she gets drunk and goes a million dollars in damages then your insurance picks up the tab. Make sure if your name is on it, that you are on the policy and it is paid!

I don't have a wife, thought of buying a vehicle for one, but then I would have to face my insurance agent and I go to church with him...

There is probably a way to do it. But cover your ass!

If your name is not on the vehicle then you have no right to it.