barter?

Bartering is something I have done but never intentionally sought out. Have you ever bartered?
Once on my way home from Buffalo my car blew a transmission, I called a regular that has a tow truck company. He drove the hour and a half to get my car and drove it the 45 minutes to my garage then 20 minutes to my house to drop me off for 2 90 minute dates. Around Christmas time he said " Hey, I have rims that would look nice on your suv want to do an overnight for them?" So I did.
  • GP
  • 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
What do you need?
What do you need? Originally Posted by GP
Nothing, I was just thinking about the concept.
I was curious if anyone else bartered for things. I know a Lady put up a barter post on another site about bartering for the new iPhone, it made me think about when I bartered. I think bartering could go terribly wrong with a stranger. I think if a regular came forward and said "Since you're moving how about I carry stuff for you and use my truck to drop it off at your new place for dates" I would consider it for sure, a date per truck load haha. There is a Gent in erie that barters hand made hope chests and rocking chairs. I know some pro photographers barter pro photo shoots in Pittsburgh. Does it happen behind the scenes here?
I have offered to barter for photos a bunch of times. It hasn't worked out too good always. I agree to do a shoot and burn photos to a disc for a session, I wait to "collect" til I get the disc done and can get it to them. I will edit and add watermarks etc and get those to them also. Of the last three shoots I did two will not follow through with the agreement. I wont mention names, and I guess I can sell the images to some BP girl. I shoot with pro equipment, bring my lights and edit in photoshop. ..BD
I just gave up a barter deal. went to do the work. looked it over and talked her out of it.
i have. it def has its benfits & and can benfit both parties
  • iggy
  • 09-28-2012, 03:52 AM
A friend of a friend paid a guy to replace bathroom cabinet and sink, he never showed up, material was delivered he just scammed her out of labor cost up front. I am pretty handy with all kinds of stuff, not a professional, my friend knew it, asked me if i could help a lady friend of hers out.

went looked at job it was pretty simple old cabinet out new fancier vanity in with new faucet. She says " I already paid the guy so I don't have much money," I say lets get it done then we will worry about that. All the time I'm thinking, its for friend of mine, so it is a Free Bee.

Well i go over while she is at work, in no time its done, really simple job. I finish before she is home from work. leave key, Gone when she gets home. Get phone call all excited how nice it looks, could I come by next day mid morning ( kid in School ) she has something for me.

I arrive ring bell " come In " there she is standing in a very sexy teddy, heels and thigh highs, guess what she had for me. Paid In Full. have done 2-3 more odd jobs for her, all paid in full !!

So yes have bartered however not on purpose in the beginning.

Iggy
Iggy
Have her create a profile on here and we'll all work for her!! haha!!
  • iggy
  • 09-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Nah !!
Yeah I'm pretty handy too if a poor gal needs help with anything
I did a post a long time "jack of all trades, and masturbator" and didn't get any bites. ThreAD for me, LOL.

I am all for a little barter or trade. I can do electrical house wiring repair, mechanical work, clean gutters if provided a ladder. Move large objects around (i prefer rocks). I don't do bat removal, but can do woodchuck removal and other unwanted furry critters. I can do drywall, painting etc. All you have to do is ask.
i have. it def has its benfits & and can benfit both parties Originally Posted by naughtynikki84
Nikki..any chance you need photos???? BD
Did a few websites a few years ago.
If they wanted updates or changes to it we would have to meet to "discuss" these changes.

Did laptop and computer repair for barter and traded an older laptop I had.

All the same to me.
If you give money or a service/item for time what's the difference really? I'd think if it was a legitimate item or service of value any lady would be willing to barter?
Unless you are a private business owner, bartering (since I work for a major sporting goods retailer), could really cost me my job. Also I see the likely-hood of "blackmail", if things went wrong.