NO! NO! NO! A thousand times no!

Enough of the nepotism in this country. In BOTH parties:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ntastic-photo/

Dubya should shut up. He did enough damage.
Enough of the nepotism in this country. In BOTH parties:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ntastic-photo/

Dubya should shut up. He did enough damage. Originally Posted by ExNYer
With all due respect, this is not nepotism. Nepotism is when a person in authority uses that authority to hire friends and relatives foe lucretive jobs.

But I do get your point. Between the Kennedys, The Clintons, and The Bushes, we have the closest thing to "royalty" that the Constitution will allow.

People are always clamoring for others to run for office, but the minute someone of substance steps forward, the press and the establishment crucify them. That is how we get stuck with favorite sons and community organizers.
With all due respect, this is not nepotism. Nepotism is when a person in authority uses that authority to hire friends and relatives foe lucretive jobs.

But I do get your point. Between the Kennedys, The Clintons, and The Bushes, we have the closest thing to "royalty" that the Constitution will allow.

People are always clamoring for others to run for office, but the minute someone of substance steps forward, the press and the establishment crucify them. That is how we get stuck with favorite sons and community organizers. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yeah, I suppose this is more of a family dynasty issue, but I think nepotism helps get it started.

The families don't directly hire their own, but the kids get hired by the political campaigns/offices of political allies until they develop their own reputation/base of support. Both Dubya and Jeb got their starts from their Dad's connections.

Just like the young George Prescott Bush is doing now.
Yeah, I suppose this is more of a family dynasty issue, but I think nepotism helps get it started.

The families don't directly hire their own, but the kids get hired by the political campaigns/offices of political allies until they develop their own reputation/base of support. Both Dubya and Jeb got their starts from their Dad's connections.

Just like the young George Prescott Bush is doing now. Originally Posted by ExNYer
and I hear he is doing a good job at doing that, I met him at that famous steakhouse in Austin??? and he married a friend of my daughters

just another future old white man, the brown one that is
I'll move to Canada.

Doesn't Obama have a cousin in Kenya or somewhere?

ha ha ha ha
I'll move to Canada.

Doesn't Obama have a cousin in Kenya or somewhere?

ha ha ha ha Originally Posted by bojulay
WHEN?
WHEN? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Whenever most people have cousins in Kenya I guess.

ha ha ha ha

But I do get your point. Between the Kennedys, The Clintons, and The Bushes, and the Obama's, we have the closest thing to "royalty" that the Constitution will allow.

People are always clamoring for others to run for office, but the minute someone of substance steps forward, the press and the establishment crucify them. That is how we get stuck with favorite sons and community organizers. Originally Posted by Jackie S
fixed it for ya.
Of all people, Barbara Bush get it:

http://www.wral.com/barbara-bush-on-...hes-/12379345/

Key quote:
----------------------------------------------------
Appearing in an interview from Dallas on NBC's "Today" show, Mrs. Bush was asked if she thought that Jeb, the former governor of Florida, should seek the presidency.
"He's by far the best qualified man," Mrs. Bush said, "but no."
"We've had enough Bushes," she said, saying "it's not just four families, or whatever."
The Bush family matriarch went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates, telling anchor Matt Lauer, "There are people out there" who are qualified. Mrs. Bush, who had a reputation for bluntness when her husband George H.W. Bush was president, spoke from the site of the presidential library. On Wednesday, George W. Bush told CNN he thought Jeb Bush should run.
-----------------------------------------------------

A "reputation for bluntness", indeed.

Good for her.
fixed it for ya. Originally Posted by satexasguy
Why did you add "and the Obamas"?

Only one Obama has held office. I have seen no indication that Michelle is going to run for anything.

How do you detect a dynasty there?
  • CJ7
  • 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Why did you add "and the Obamas"?

Only one Obama has held office. I have seen no indication that Michelle is going to run for anything.

How do you detect a dynasty there? Originally Posted by ExNYer
because he's an idiot
that's a put down to idiots.

He's a fucking idiot.

OK, I guess that's a putdown to people who get laid.

He's a fucking asshole. That covered both assholes and asshole fuckers.
Of all people, Barbara Bush get it:

http://www.wral.com/barbara-bush-on-...hes-/12379345/

Key quote:
----------------------------------------------------
Appearing in an interview from Dallas on NBC's "Today" show, Mrs. Bush was asked if she thought that Jeb, the former governor of Florida, should seek the presidency.
"He's by far the best qualified man," Mrs. Bush said, "but no."
"We've had enough Bushes," she said, saying "it's not just four families, or whatever."
The Bush family matriarch went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates, telling anchor Matt Lauer, "There are people out there" who are qualified. Mrs. Bush, who had a reputation for bluntness when her husband George H.W. Bush was president, spoke from the site of the presidential library. On Wednesday, George W. Bush told CNN he thought Jeb Bush should run.
-----------------------------------------------------

A "reputation for bluntness", indeed.

Good for her. Originally Posted by ExNYer
she meant FIVE FAMILIES-- the Corleones, Tattaglias, Barzinis....