"Up in the Air"-SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

SPOILER AHEAD! If you haven’t seen this film and don’t want it spoiled, please stop reading here.

“Up in the Air”, a George Clooney film, premiered on HBO last night. I’m a big fan of his. I also recommend highly “Michael Clayton” if you haven’t seen it, but I digress.

“Air” profiles an ultimate road warrior who spends his life on planes, in airports and hotels, and maintains an apartment as a home since he’s rarely there. A confirmed bachelor he has never married and doesn’t see the point. He meets, in a hotel bar, the female counterpart of his, with a similar traveling lifestyle, played by Vera Farmiga, beds her, and they begin a strange relationship adjusting schedules whenever possible to meet and hook-up. Fast forward, he falls for her and decides to surprise her while she is at home and shows up on her doorstep unannounced. He is crestfallen when she opens the door and in the background are multiple children and a husband. She brushes him off to her husband as being lost. When she calls him sometime later, pissed of course, she lays down the laws of their relationship, how and why they got into it and that she would continue it, but only on the terms it started.

I immediately drew the parallels to this chain of events and similar occurrences heard of in the hobby. Does any one agree? Do you think maybe the screenwriter was a member of our “thing”?

We should all remember the rules are the rules, never use or divulge real world information and there is a stark line between our playground and reality. Thoughts?
Moved from Coed Discussions. Not hobby related.

Torito