Is Jefferson Memorial a good place for a car cruise?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...uise-backlash/

PLEASANT HILLS, Pa. (KDKA) -- A car cruise set for this weekend in Pleasant Hills is creating controversy because of where the event is being held.

Car enthusiasts will head to Jefferson Memorial Cemetery, Funeral Home and Crematory on Sunday afternoon. While some people don't have a problem with the car show, others say it's disrespectful and wish it was hosted somewhere else.

Over the weekend, Bill Petrosky Jr. visited Jefferson Memorial Cemetery where his loved ones are buried, and he couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment after he saw a big sign for the cemetery's upcoming car show...
My dad and bff from high school are both buried there. I like a car show as much as the next guy but not in a cemetery. WTF is wrong with people?
I’m not outraged by it or anything but it seems to me they could have found a more appropriate location for it. South Park is close by, for example. Surely there is some location in South Park that could have been used instead
It's been going on at Jefferson for 11 years

They have grounds for it seperate from the burial grounds, as they're a memorial park, not a traditional cemetery. Food trucks. Music. Trophies for the winners. $5 registration fee. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.

Petrosky is also the habitual guy that complains to the media annually.

Yes, not everyone grieves the same way. Yes, it's possible that mourners may find it distasteful or feel inconvenienced if they use a certain entrance.

What about you? Are you celebration of life and community folks? Or calm, quiet mourning folks? Something in between?

They also hold tree lighting ceremonies at Christmas and Easter Egg hunts for kids in the spring.
Interesting that after 8 votes, we're tied up 4 to 4
Anyone going tomorrow?
ya.
SO WAIT.......is the car show NEXT TO A CEMETERY or IN THE CEMETERY??? If it is an empty field with no graves around it and the noise will not drift into the cemetery where people are trying to pay respects to loved ones........... then this is a NON ISSUE......but if you are parking cars, having music and food trucks and hundreds of people walking all over the place, smoking and drinking and having a good time........unacceptable...... but if it is an empty field next to the cemetery then we are talking two different issues................IMHO
On the grounds, in portions not reserved for burials.

https://www.jeffersonmemorial.com/ab...5-4d6f8db32407

They posted information about which entrance to use for the show and which to use for normal visitations.

Here's a map of the grounds

They'll be in the section near the main office and the mall.
I’m gonna stop by, show off my beat up Toyota and visit pops. Hopefully it’s respectful, there’s a lot of men and women in that place that deserve it.

Waaaaaay back there was a roller rink in that strip mall across the street. Think it was a gym for a while after that. I remember getting all nervous asking whatever cute girl you had your eye on to do the couples skate. Good times.
... Surely hope some o' you mates go and have a good time!
I might even show up in me Subaru Outback - just to impress
some o' the pretty-birds there. ...

... Maybe a few of you stalwart lads might bring a date
and have a go right by the tombstones there.

The people eternally resting there surely won't care.
They won't even say anything.
And why?
'Cause dead mates tell no tales! ...

#### Salty
Was wondering who the first would be to bring up cemetery dates.
Did you have fun, J? Did they have bacon in any of the food trucks?
im thinkin we outa name the porta jons after the city mayer? it would be like pissin down his throat.
Didn’t really check, we just had lunch. I did grab one of those food truck fresh squeezed lemonades tho. They’re orgasmic.

There wasn’t blasting music or anything else disruptive that I noticed. Anyone visiting the office or receiving rooms could do so without interference or parking issues. Traffic flow on Curry Hollow in front of the main building was normal, no waiting more than 1 light for the arrow etc. There were some graves in eyeshot but the vast majority weren’t and access to the ones that were was unobstructed. Where my dad’s at was nowhere near it, with it’s own entrance and exit. You could drive there from where the show was, but also visit that section, the largest one, without even realizing it was going on. My initial reaction to this was knee jerk, it would seem.

I was most impressed with an 83 Pontiac T1000. It was absolutely cherry. Every nut and bolt was perfect showroom condition, with pics under the hood of it a few years back a rusted shell with a tree growing through it. The car itself isn’t impressive, at all, but the guy sure was. A true anal retentive with mad fabrication skills.