The Love/Hate List

Let's face it: We all have things that we love, and things that we hate. We all have little personality traits and idiosyncrasies that others may consider strange. And, most of us probably have a few personal quirks that would qualify us for a straitjacket if the wrong people were to find out about them.

I am no exception. I present to you... my Love/Hate List.

= LOVE =

1. How snow days in Austin are usually preceded by and followed by warm, sunny days with lots of people out walking dogs, running Town Lake, and enjoying drinks on a patio.

2. My refrigerator's "Measured Fill" feature, which fills my glass up to the exact ounce measurement I select. It makes it so easy to count my minimum 64 oz of water intake per day.

3. Streaming movies (via Netflix) and television (via Hulu Plus) from my PS3 to my television. Did you know that Netflix has Season 1 of She-Ra in its entirety available for instant download? True story.

4. The fact that "Austin Real Estate" is following me on my Hobby Twitter. I am so tempted to @ them in some incredibly naughty tweet, then see how long it takes for them to unfollow me.

5. Corsets. Leather, lace, satin, silk. Red, black, purple, blue. With or without matching thigh-highs and garter belts. Worn as a slinky top with skinny jeans and sexy boots, or featured as the centerpiece of a full-on bedroom lingerie extravaganza. Damn, I love corsets.

= HATE =

1. Sweet tea. I see a tall, refreshing glass of black tea over a perfect mound of ice. I take an eager drink, expecting the crisp, clean, cool liquid to slide across my lips down my throat with ease. Instead, I get a mouthful of cold, syrupy sugar water that coats my tongue with its stubborn crack-tea molecules and is quite the opposite of refreshing. Bleh.

2. Clowns. They absolutely terrify me.

3. Folding fitted sheets. Yes, I know the trick where you grab each corner by the end of the diagonal seam and tuck the elastic ends in to form a pseudo-flat sheet before folding, but aside from examining the linens in their original packaging, has anyone ever seen a neatly folded fitted sheet? Ever? Yeah, me neither.

4. Popsicle sticks. I can't touch them. They really, really freak me out. I know why they freak me out, but I simply cannot get over my aversion to them.

5. The smell and taste of latex condoms. With all of the technology out there now, you'd think that someone would be smart enough to realize that latex + Nonoxynol-9 + the human senses = mood killer. Can't we just go ahead and make *all* condoms smell and taste like a Starbucks vanilla latte with whipped cream? That would be wonderful.

Your turn. Let's keep it light, people.
I like this thread! Good one girl...

Love(at the moment)
This swype texting feature on my evo... Makes texting and typing so fast, easy and pretty much accurate on the spelling
Starbucks mocha frappuccino... Perfect way to start a day
A good book by the fire on a cold night (currently reading all the sookie stackhouse novels)
Venus spa breeze razors...omg these things leave u soo smooth!
Good men... Though they can be hard to come by... There are quite a few on here!

Dislike(hates a strong word lol)
Taking a big swig of milk gone sour. Yuck! I love my 2% milk with a passion but that will really ruin it for me, I'll stay away from milk for a week lol
Dry hands ... I can't stand touching anything when my hands are dry. The feeling just creeps me out!
Two faced people... Enough said
Recently:

Love:
Those new photos. Downtown views excellent. You look exquisite. Quite the exhibitionist.
Book - Decision Points. On Chapter 8 - Iraq. Plenty of insight in his own words.
Movie - Expendables. Worth a look on video, but really enjoyed extras "Making of" and Stallone's writer/director/producer/lead actor commentary. DVDs that have these give a tremendous view into the many facets of the creation of a film. An extremely interesting business and art.
A long hike in the snow with the dog. Two years in a row.

Hate:
Couldn't send a PM and tell you.
The end of football season.
Days of cloudy, subfreezing weather.
  • yeesh
  • 02-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Love-

1- The sound of a mint copy LP on my Thorens turntable (latest addiitons are Bob Marley "Babylon By Bus" and Donald Fagen "Kamakiriad")

2- The smell of freshly mown (mowed?) grass

3- Getting to enjoy the first truly warm sunny day of the year at the lake

4- My first cup of coffee (half-caff) in the morning

5- Mild flirtations with beautiful young ladies

Dislikes/Irritations-

1- Someone elses' dog taking a dump on my lawn

2- Door-to-door sales folks that try to get me to change my mind AFTER I said "not interested"

3- People, during rush hour, that make a multi-lane change to exit less than 50 ft. from the off-ramp

4- Any waitstaff that have the attitude that ordering your meal is taking up their valuable time

5- Douchebags ( the people, not the product)
I love the feel of hot wet lips on my cock.

I hate bad breath.

Keeping it real. Real simple!
  • Vyt
  • 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Loves:

Technology I'm typing this on an iPad. You know, I'm pretty sure I saw iPads on Star Trek a decade ago. While I'm typing this, my TV is tuned to CNN-HD, which is on channel (checks) 1202. My cat drinks out of an eternally flowing fountain, for crying out loud. Life is better now, and technology is a part of that.

Women I like women. If you do not, you may well be on the wrong website. I like the way they sound, feel, smell, and the way they know how to touch you on the shoulder just so to disarm you. I am fond of the fairer sex.

Decadence There are few things I enjoy more than kicking back in a gentleman's club, a young lady on my arm, with the slight intoxication of the third round of shots moving into my bloodstream. Your preferred decadence may differ and that's OK.

Humor If you can't laugh at life, you're doing it wrong.

Dislikes

Hypocrisy If you don't like me just tell me. I cannot stand game players.

Prejudice Judge people on who they are, not what they are.

Alienation I tend to believe the fundamental disconnectedness we have as part of modern society is the core of most of our problems.
Loves:

Technology I'm typing this on an iPad. You know, I'm pretty sure I saw iPads on Star Trek a decade ago. While I'm typing this, my TV is tuned to CNN-HD, which is on channel (checks) 1202. My cat drinks out of an eternally flowing fountain, for crying out loud. Life is better now, and technology is a part of that.

Dislikes:

Alienation I tend to believe the fundamental disconnectedness we have as part of modern society is the core of most of our problems. Originally Posted by Vyt
One feeds the other
Love:

Women. Especially women who are intelligent, attractive, sensual, and personable.

Sex. Especially good sex, but really, even bad sex can be hard to beat...

Conversation. OK, it has to be good conversation. (See below.)

Hate:

Hypocrisy.

Fools and Ignorance. And a combination of ignorance and arrogance is worthy of special hate.

Not especially fond of bad hygiene.
Love:

-The automatic timer on my coffee pot. Pure magic.
-Overweight animals. If said animal is slightly on the lean side, I have been known to pump the creature full of table scraps and kibble. There is nothing more satisfying than snuggling up next to a fat and furry pet.
-Handwritten correspondence. Post cards, letters, adoration scrawled on paper scraps - LOVE!
-Acoustic covers. They never fail to brighten my mood.
-TV on DVD. The absolute best excuse to lock yourself inside all day. Ahh
-Austin, Texas. Enough said.

Hate:

-Individuals that walk on treadmills. Take a stroll around the block - or the lake, WHATEVER. Just do it elsewhere.
-Running out of coffee filters. Annoying.
-When my food touches - HATE it. Yes, I am one of those people.
-Biting. I am not a giant stick of taffy, I am a lady. Do not bite me.
-Bragging. It makes me really uncomfortable. Mostly because I feel sorry for the person doing all of the boasting. It literally makes me squirm in my shoes. I hate it.
-Improper grammar. Especially on the internet - spell check is friendly! Kiss and make up.
-Minced garlic. It looks like chum - really. Just dice it up yourself, it smells wonderful.
-Anything and everything related to the circus. Clowns, gnomes, women with beards...they give me the eebie jeebies. Gross.

Love...climbing on the plane at the start of a much deserved vacation
Hate....getting on the plane to come home from said vacation

Love...the anticipation of meeting a new lady(this is a hobby site) and all the butterflies and anxiety that go into thinking it will become something that will transcend mortal existence
Hate...the let down that all the anticipation was all for not as you had a lousy time
Hate...that all the anticipation became true and that you have to drag yourself away and return to your mortal existence

Love...being in Love(nothing to do with hobbying)
Hate...when for whatever stupid reason it falls apart and there is no way to recapture those rapturous feelings that lifted you

Love...when you put a meal together that turns out fantastic
Hate...when, no matter what fresh ingredients you start with and all the work you put in...it doesn't turn out very well...

(still waiting on tonight, started with onions, garlic, serranos in olive oil, then cooked pork chops in a hot pan with butter and lots of mustard, mixed it all together with chicken stock, rice, black eyed peas, and set it in my tahini to simmer for an hour or so)

Love...the smell and feel and responsive of a new car
Hate....what a piece of shit it turns into as time and miles go by

Love...my children and the wonder I feel everyday as I think of how much I love them
Hate...that I don't have the power to never have them feel sadness, anxiety, rejection...that is all our lot in life

Love...that I always have Hope for a glorious future
Hate...that no matter how vigilant and persevering one may be; Life is Hazard and the slightest incident can turn the tide for the worse

Love...starting a new book from one of my favorite authors
Hate...when you're down to 10 pages left and you hear on the news that the poor bastard died
One more...

Love: A woman like Klovve, having followed her exploits from day one, knowing that I could see her if I really wanted to, and that I could maybe leave an impression on her.
Hate: That I can't win the Lotto and take a woman like Klovve on a round the world trip for years and years to come. (and, that I couldn't have won said Lotto at age 25)
Love:
- Watching my son grow up, especially the moments when I can see one of those leaps in his ability to reason or express his thoughts
- Brunello di Montalcino - ok, I just love wine, but I particularly like the structure and fruit of a nicely aged Brunello, and I have fond memories of the town of Montalcino
- the feel of being pushed back in my seat as the engine in my car hits 4000 rpm and the torque really kicks in; particularly on a nice spring or fall day when I'm driving with the top down; even better when my son is in his booster seat next to me and yells out, with a growl in his voice, "OH YEAH!!"
- Manchego cheese
- Music of (almost) all kinds. Certain chord changes can bring a tear to my eye. I just wish I read music well enough to know what those chords were!
- When I hit a golf ball pure and stripe it down the center of the fairway - because it happens so rarely!
- A woman's orgasm and the breathless moment that immediately follows; there is nothing more exciting, erotic, or satisfying - particularly when I've had something to do with it!

Hate:
- Arrogance and intolerance. Other than that, life's too short to worry about it.
Cool post!

Love list----

AC.DC!!!!
Montana
jacuzzis in a hotel room
mint chocolate chip ice cream...Blue Bell
soft furry kitty cats
clean white socks
funky socks...knee high
boxer shorts & wifebeaters
fun & quirky people
bad ass biker boys
wood floors
& especially my job!!!

Hates--
arrogant men...and women
stinky feet
extremely hairy backs
dogs
the color green
screaming kids in the mall
texting
showers
hip hop
carpeted floors
Loves Loving

Hates Haters
I LOVE:

Gay Men in Tiny Hats *giggle* Who doesn't? LOL

House Music Festivals

ANYTHING by Sade or Lauryn Hill

Summers on South Beach with my BFF Stacey Martin (www.preferred411.com/neworleans/stacymartin). I'm very proud to say I took this panoramic pic!

Sunday Champagne Brunches

My Subscription to Lapham's Quarterly (Thank you SydneyB for a great Xmas gift!)

I HATE:

Ann Coulter

The Lakers

Mayonnaise, yuck!!!

Ignorant-ass Rappers; Ghetto/Thug Culture

FACEBOOK! (aka the demise of interpersonal relationships)