Outcalls and the price of fuel

During the past few weeks, and maybe a bit longer, I've had a bunch of individuals requesting an outcall appointment. I just thought that it was just the timing of the particular person or a coincidence.

Now? I think that it might have something to do with the cost of gas.

I went to Arlington this weekend and the client told me that he wanted me to come out there because it was cheaper to just pay my outcall fee (which is reasonable) than taking the time and bother to drive to Garland. I can see that.

But have any of you changed your "habits" because of the cost of gas?

Honestly, I'm spending so much damn money on gas that it makes me not want to drive at all.

Ladies, have you been getting more outcall requests?

Just curious.
Elisabeth

P.S. If this has been discussed previously, my apologies in advance.
I havent made any changes so far...I wonder though how the men would feel if I showed up on my motorcycle...LOL...Its so much better on gas...
Interesting observation, I do not work for big oil in any way and understand this opinion is not that popular, but I think the "cost of gas" is one of the most overused excuses on the planet. I often wonder if people really figure the actual total cost of the fluctuation based on their consumption. For me, "cheap gas" vs. "expensive gas" is going to be around $10-$15 per week, so no this does not influence my behavior. There are other things in my life that I would cut out if necessary before limiting my mobility such as less Starbucks, eating out less, etc.,
Outcalls don't work for me ... but I find myself planning fewer trips over to Dallas. Of course, the price of gas seems to be directly proportional to the number of ladies in Dallas that I find enticing.

And when I do make that trek, now I'm much more particular about limiting myself to ladies I've seen before or who have stellar reputations, as a NCNS sucks much worse the closer gas gets to $4/gallon. (and I read last night to expect $5 by Memorial Day).
Not a bad comment at all. I don't wish to limit ANY type of travel as a result of pricing but I am now thinking about it. And quite a bit.

Ivy, I want a Harley Sportster so badly that I can taste it. But unless Santa pushes one through the chimney or someone actually buys one for me, I don't see it in the cards.

I believe that having a motorcycle is probably a midlife quirk of sorts. I've wanted one for about three years. And of course, it would be great with gas.

But don't you get HOT while driving one? Also, isn't it hell on your hair?
Not a bad comment at all. I don't wish to limit ANY type of travel as a result of pricing but I am now thinking about it. And quite a bit.

Ivy, I want a Harley Sportster so badly that I can taste it. But unless Santa pushes one through the chimney or someone actually buys one for me, I don't see it in the cards.

I believe that having a motorcycle is probably a midlife quirk of sorts. I've wanted one for about three years. And of course, it would be great with gas.

But don't you get HOT while driving one? Also, isn't it hell on your hair? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Only gets hot when stopped at a light. Other than that is great.

I think I am still to young 9atleast thats what I choose to believe...lol) to be having any type of midlife crisis or quirk. I just love bikes, always have. I have a 2007 Honda Shadow 750and it cost my currently about 7-8 dollars to fill up. I love it!!!

As far as my hair, I braid it, tie it back and also have a leather strap that is long that I put around my hair. Its not long enough for all of my hair though. And I have learned I cant let my hair grow much longer unless I figure another way to keep it up...I've got about 1 inch left before my hair will get caught in the wheel!!!
Only gets hot when stopped at a light. Other than that is great.

As far as my hair, I braid it, tie it back and also have a leather strap that is long that I put around my hair. Its not long enough for all of my hair though. And I have learned I cant let my hair grow much longer unless I figure another way to keep it up...I've got about 1 inch left before my hair will get caught in the wheel!!! Originally Posted by Ivy Chick
That is seriously hot

.I wonder though how the men would feel if I showed up on my motorcycle..

Answer - they would feel HARD
Ivy,

Oh, with regard to that quirk statement, I was speaking of me. Not you! You're too young, I agree. I'm at the age of just wanting to try everything at least once before I get too old to enjoy it!!!

Warmly,
Elisabeth
That is seriously hot

.I wonder though how the men would feel if I showed up on my motorcycle..

Answer - they would feel HARD Originally Posted by LuckJack
Hmmmm Thats good to know!
Price of gas doesn't keep me from driving to Dallas.
Its the time involved.
If I am planning on a 1 hour session with a lady I have to set aside at least 3 1/2 hours.
1 hour each way for the drive and one for the actual session.
Plus at least 30 minutes extra just in case I get lost or the lady is running late.
Sometimes it can be difficult to set four hours from my day to see someone.
Now if the ladies would just do in-calls in Ft Worth more often I would be a happier and busier man.
Price of gas doesn't keep me from driving to Dallas.
Its the time involved.
If I am planning on a 1 hour session with a lady I have to set aside at least 3 1/2 hours.
1 hour each way for the drive and one for the actual session.
Plus at least 30 minutes extra just in case I get lost or the lady is running late.
Sometimes it can be difficult to set four hours from my day to see someone.
Now if the ladies would just do in-calls in Ft Worth more often I would be a happier and busier man. Originally Posted by looiecypher
There is that too ... it does take some "planning" to get away for 3-4 hours discreetly. Any ladies listening?
Interesting observation, I do not work for big oil in any way and understand this opinion is not that popular, but I think the "cost of gas" is one of the most overused excuses on the planet. I often wonder if people really figure the actual total cost of the fluctuation based on their consumption. For me, "cheap gas" vs. "expensive gas" is going to be around $10-$15 per week, so no this does not influence my behavior. There are other things in my life that I would cut out if necessary before limiting my mobility such as less Starbucks, eating out less, etc., Originally Posted by krusty
I aggree. Gas prices will not affect my driving habits. I may complain but it won;t stop from leaving plano to go to the cowboys game. Now if i was a provider, I would consider upping the rates for outcall to cover the cost or encourage more incall if gas is an issue.

Hey elisabeth I got an ear so you whisper in it all day and night long
Ivy....as far as your hair-braiding goes, sounds like it just makes for an easy way to grab a big ol' handful to hang on with! lol
Makes my day!
MM
Many companies have instituted a Fuel Surcharge.
I don't do outcalls so If gasoline gets too pricy I suppose I will ride my bike to the appointment and shower when I get there. After even a 15 min. ride in the summer I will definitely need one before going BCD.