OBAMA AND NATIONAL SECURITY

We all know the economy will be the big issue in 2012- but we all so know that traditionally National Security has always been a big issue as well. Let's be honest traditionally Republicans have been the party that was "stronger" on defense and National security.
However, with all due respect Obama has done very well in this area that it's going to be hard for the GOP to make him look weak. I recall during the first or second GOP debate when the question was asked of national security nearly all the candidates (GOP)said Obama has not done a good job- but the facts say the opposite. Many GOP like Palin stated that Obama was leading from behind on Libya and Fox news hammered him- but look at the end result- a dictator is in hiding- Egypt got rid of their dictator and is heading towards a Democracy ditto for Tunisa. Syria's govt looks very vulnerable to being overthrown. Also, factor in the equation that the Obama administration has captured and/or killed more Al-Queada, Taliban militants/insurgents in 3 years than both Bush terms combined is a remarkable record. The biggest accomplishment is the killing of OBL- the face and voice of Al-Queada.
Today the 2nd or 3rd most important Al-Queada terrorist- depending on who you asked- Anwar al-Awlaki was killed. This only makes Obama look stronger on national defense and boosters his resume.
I am beyond convinced that if the U.S economy was stable or icking up huge steam and I think it could have if the GOP and Congress would get off their asses- but my feelings would be that Obama would win in a landslide in 2012.
What's going to hurt the GOP is that many americans believe that Obama has good intentions but most Americans realize that there is gridlock in Washington- specifically Congress.
Oh and for the record please don't say that Obama was able to capture and kill these terrorist due to what Bush started or the Bush administration Intelligence- I say bullshit- Bush just 6 months after 9-11 said "he's not concerned" about Bin Laden nor is he spending any time thinking about OBL..." : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTwsMEiI0g
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Republicans have taken the following approach on foreign policy, "the less said the better." They do not even remember how to pronounce foreign policy. Much less how to actually spell it! As far as they are concerned, who in the hell is OBL and what does Obama have against him?

Let's give credit where credit is due. Obama has done an excellent job of protecting American's interests in the Middle East. Unfortunately, he has done so at the expense of not taking care of business at home. The jury is still out but by the President not being focused enough on correcting domestic issues, it might cost him his job, in spite of an excellent foreign policy record!
  • MrGiz
  • 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Rumor has it, that Anwar al-Awlaki was actually killed by a young Yemeni thug with a Fast & Furious assult rifle, trying to rob ole Anwar's Goat Milk!
Rumor has it, that Anwar al-Awlaki was actually killed by a young Yemeni thug with a Fast & Furious assult rifle, trying to rob ole Anwar's Goat Milk! Originally Posted by MrGiz
Was that supposed to be funny or your attempt at some political humor- if so it was a major fail!
I for one am glad that Anwar al-Awlaki is dead but where is the liberal media to denounce the ordered execution of an American citizen without due process? Perhaps its because the order came from a democratic president.
Yeah, I feel safer. President Obama successfully tracked down an American citizen and killed him based on charges and accusations unproven in a court of law. The guy was an American! Whether you like it or not, Americans recognize certain unalienable rights.

But it doesn't matter, the guy wasn't white, so let's kill him.

We need to rethink the whole Middle East policy, we are becoming out of control thugs.

Whoopee! Another Muslim dead! How does that help the economy, national debt, unemployment or disaster relief? But we feel good! We killed a guy!

Give me a fucking break.
  • MrGiz
  • 09-30-2011, 10:58 PM
HEY NOW!! Was that supposed to be funny?
Yeah, I feel safer. President Obama successfully tracked down an American citizen and killed him based on charges and accusations unproven in a court of law. The guy was an American! Whether you like it or not, Americans recognize certain unalienable rights.

But it doesn't matter, the guy wasn't white, so let's kill him.

We need to rethink the whole Middle East policy, we are becoming out of control thugs.

Whoopee! Another Muslim dead! How does that help the economy, national debt, unemployment or disaster relief? But we feel good! We killed a guy!

Give me a fucking break. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So the fact this POS had proven hands in plots to attack Americans and kill them means we should just let these guys do whatever the fuck they want? How does it help the economy I will tell you why- when assholes commit terrorist attacks like 9-11 you think that's good for the economy? When people don't feel safe flying- you think that doesn't hurt the economy- you think airline companies won't lay off employees if people are afraid to fly? If people are afraid o fly than it hurts the touring industry- hotel- car rentals etc- this is the most absurd comment you have ever made. OBL whole idea was to hurt American financially and it's estimated that the 9-11 attack cost the USA 3 trillion dollars.
The next time one of these POS succeeds in a major U.S attack at home you will be the first one crying how we should have taken the terrorist out.
You mistakenly think this is about security. It's not. It's about profits for the oil companies and defense industry.

The real attack is on liberty, not Al Qaida.

Explain Building 7.
I for one am glad that Anwar al-Awlaki is dead but where is the liberal media to denounce the ordered execution of an American citizen without due process? Perhaps its because the order came from a democratic president.
Originally Posted by gooose
Why should they denounce it? He was an American who declared war against his country and wanted to attack his country- you act like this guy was some innocent Nobel peace prize winner.
Thousands of innocent soldiers and citizens have died and we're arguing about whether it was right or wrong for a drone to kill a Terrorist.
Were you complaining when Awalaki's plots killed innocent Americans??? You do know it's perfectly legally to take him out since he was classified as an enemy of the United States- this is different from a citizen who is a serial killer- big difference.
You mistakenly think this is about security. It's not. It's about profits for the oil companies and defense industry.

The real attack is on liberty, not Al Qaida.

Explain Building 7. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Look I am not going to get into the whole truther movement because you are obviously a truther- what profits are we making in Yemen? Is there any oil in that country- really what the fuck does this killing have to do with oil companies profits?
Bottom line- security and the economy are related- if you have people living in fear from flying on airlines or going on cruises that is money lost- do you realize how many billions airline companies lost after 9-11? Tourism has been hit very hard- both domestically and internationally.
If a terrorist attack on the scale of 9-11 are larger were to hit the USA during this current recession it would surely bring the USA to a depression- so security is huge when you have an economic recession.
So the fact this POS had proven hands in plots to attack Americans and kill them means we should just let these guys do whatever the fuck they want? How does it help the economy I will tell you why- when assholes commit terrorist attacks like 9-11 you think that's good for the economy? When people don't feel safe flying- you think that doesn't hurt the economy- you think airline companies won't lay off employees if people are afraid to fly? If people are afraid o fly than it hurts the touring industry- hotel- car rentals etc- this is the most absurd comment you have ever made. OBL whole idea was to hurt American financially and it's estimated that the 9-11 attack cost the USA 3 trillion dollars.
The next time one of these POS succeeds in a major U.S attack at home you will be the first one crying how we should have taken the terrorist out. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
When events like 9/11 happen we just lose more freedoms. How about getting groped and X-rayed by TSA agents for flying, to now include getting groped by Dept of Homeland Security goons before entering NFL stadiums. Pretty soon people will be getting a full body shake-down before going into a Wal-Mart.

The thing that has cost the US 3 trillion dollars is crony capitalism, inept politicians, back door off-the-wall banker deals, banker bailouts, and being considered TOO BIG TO FAIL! If I could start a business that was too big to fail I could then proceed to buy up the whole world through fraud! Who wouldn't be happy? What recession, what depression!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Republicans have taken the following approach on foreign policy, "the less said the better." They do not even remember how to pronounce foreign policy. Much less how to actually spell it! As far as they are concerned, who in the hell is OBL and what does Obama have against him?

Let's give credit where credit is due. Obama has done an excellent job of protecting American's interests in the Middle East. Unfortunately, he has done so at the expense of not taking care of business at home. The jury is still out but by the President not being focused enough on correcting domestic issues, it might cost him his job, in spite of an excellent foreign policy record! Originally Posted by bigtex
Obama got his hands dirty in the Middle East. It's called Libya. With the continuance of Iraq and Afghanistan, the wars he promised to end and the broken promise to the troops he said he was going to bring home. He most definitely has not taken care of the issues at home. His approval rating speaks the truth. Had he brought the troops home he'd have something to hang is hat on and I'd give him some credit. He could have used that alone to get reelected. However he still has the power to bring everyone back, but will he? I don't think so.
We all know the economy will be the big issue in 2012- but we all so know that traditionally National Security has always been a big issue as well. Let's be honest traditionally Republicans have been the party that was "stronger" on defense and National security.
However, with all due respect Obama has done very well in this area that it's going to be hard for the GOP to make him look weak. I recall during the first or second GOP debate when the question was asked of national security nearly all the candidates (GOP)said Obama has not done a good job- but the facts say the opposite. Many GOP like Palin stated that Obama was leading from behind on Libya and Fox news hammered him- but look at the end result- a dictator is in hiding- Egypt got rid of their dictator and is heading towards a Democracy ditto for Tunisa. Syria's govt looks very vulnerable to being overthrown. Also, factor in the equation that the Obama administration has captured and/or killed more Al-Queada, Taliban militants/insurgents in 3 years than both Bush terms combined is a remarkable record. The biggest accomplishment is the killing of OBL- the face and voice of Al-Queada.
Today the 2nd or 3rd most important Al-Queada terrorist- depending on who you asked- Anwar al-Awlaki was killed. This only makes Obama look stronger on national defense and boosters his resume.
I am beyond convinced that if the U.S economy was stable or icking up huge steam and I think it could have if the GOP and Congress would get off their asses- but my feelings would be that Obama would win in a landslide in 2012.
What's going to hurt the GOP is that many americans believe that Obama has good intentions but most Americans realize that there is gridlock in Washington- specifically Congress. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
racists cant handle the truth!