Need feedback from IT and telecom persons

Here is the problem:
I need to find physically find two Cisco switches in front of Walmart. I know they are there since the NOC can ping items connected to them. I tried to do tone and trace of three different data lines, but they get into the cable tray; I lose the signal since the data line drops into bottom of the cable tray.
They do have fiber line going from the back of the store to those switches.
Is there a test tool I need to get or different method to locate the Cisco switches?

Tex9401
Call Cisco?
Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine.
are you sure there in the walmart store? In my experience they only keep very low end switches in the store and the Cisco's are in the distribution centers only. It's beena few years since I did support for wallyworld so they might be reaching out further with cisco but...
They do have their own unique MAC. I'd start there, unplug, isolate.
Did it....no answer....

Call Cisco? Originally Posted by waverunner234
True, but if I can't find then how will I be able to unplug it?

They do have their own unique MAC. I'd start there, unplug, isolate. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
Yes, the Cisco switches are in certain area, since there are 17 registers, 8 digital scales, and 9 access points connected to them. They are connect to the main telecom racks in the back by fiber runs.

are you sure there in the walmart store? In my experience they only keep very low end switches in the store and the Cisco's are in the distribution centers only. It's beena few years since I did support for wallyworld so they might be reaching out further with cisco but... Originally Posted by budman33
Well they used to use ODS hubs in the stores with 196 ports and all the switching was done in the Bentonville datacenters. Have you talked to anyone at home office? Walmart is really cheap and I still doubt they have cisco switches in the stores. I think your tracing your cables just to the telco dedicated circuits right back to the datacenter in wallyworld central.

But the Noc should know that too. I would ask to talk to the Network Engineering Team in the david Glass building. there some smart mofo's in there responsible for all things Walmart.

if you PM me offline, I know a guy you can ask for specifically.