About 700 arrested in Wall Street protest

Isn't it a shame when a few bad apples ruin everyone elses fun?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44742659...me_and_courts/

NBC News and news services

updated 10/2/2011 3:02:33 AM ET 2011-10-02T07:02:33
NEW YORK

New York City police say about 700 protesters have been arrested after they swarmed the Brooklyn Bridge and blocked traffic lanes for several hours.
On the second week of protests by the Occupy Wall Street movement, a large group of marchers broke off from others on the bridge's pedestrian walkway and headed across the Brooklyn-bound lanes.

Mario Tama / Getty Images Police arrest demonstrators affiliated with the Occupy Wall Street movement after they attempted to cross the Brooklyn Bridge on the motorway on Saturday.

Follow latest developments on Breakingnews.com Police say demonstrators spilled onto the roadway Saturday night after being told to stay on the pedestrian pathway. They face charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Some of the protesters said that authorities had tricked, trapped and then arrested them, according to The New York Times.
"The cops watched and did nothing, indeed, seemed to guide us onto the roadway," Occupy Wall Street media coordinator Jesse Myerson told the newspaper.
A majority of the people arrested were given citations and released, The Associated Press reported.
Both the walkway and Brooklyn-bound car lanes were shut to traffic, snarling traffic. Police reopened the bridge at 8:05 p.m. EDT.
There is a lot of inside news about Occupy Wall St. on www.infowars.com. Just click on Multimedia, video clips, and then uploads! From what I understand this all started on the 17th of September and finally the mainstream corporate whore media is just now starting to air it over the news because they can no longer hide it from the general public. This is going on in other states as well.
They broke off because all the 4G towers in that area were tied up.

I can hardly wait for the "Obamavilles" to pop up. Remember the Bonus Marchers!
These protests are now going nation wide. Dallas is organizing now. occupydallas.org
Got one starting in Wichita, too. Weird.
Alex Jones has already called for a gathering at the Dallas Fed bank this friday at 6pm, as well as 2 other destinations around the lone star state over the weekend. The noise is starting to crop up everywhere.
Does anyone know what they are protesting? Seems like a potpourri of discontent.
Corporate domination of our economy and our politics. Sounds right up your alley, in some respects.
You haven't been paying attention. I prefer the people to control, not corporations. The answer is Liberty.
Does anyone know what they are protesting? Seems like a potpourri of discontent. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
CuteOldGuy you of all know what they'll be protesting about. You know. I imagine it'll be peaceful but brutally honest. Alex has already been there previously with a bullhorn. I'm sure he'll have one this time too.
Some enterprising reporter should ask as many of these "protesters" the one question that would probably shed a lot of light on the makeup of the crowd.

"Where do you work?"
That's 700 more people arrested than all the Tea Party rallies combined.
WOW! looks like a lotta fun. lots of free pussy! sign me up!
Af, you are so consistently wrong, but your heart is in the right place! I may have to join the protest.
You haven't been paying attention. I prefer the people to control, not corporations. The answer is Liberty. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That's why I said that the protests were in some respects right up your alley.