ASPD alumni question....

Ok all you ASPD folks will you please tell us Johnny cum latelys what happened to ASPD... And what was so much better about it than today's boards. This stuff reminds me of the good old days stuff your grandad told..
it was not better. pretty much the same. owner died. her mom fucked around and let the site flounder...otherwise it would still be the big dog if they would have taken care of business. their inaction cost them a lot of money. eccie took over and filled the void.
it was not better. pretty much the same. owner died. her mom fucked around and let the site flounder...otherwise it would still be the big dog if they would have taken care of business. their inaction cost them a lot of money. eccie took over and filled the void. Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Sort and to the point. I was a late comer to ASPD, about a year or so before its demise. That is the way I viewed it too.

I don't remember all the pop-ups or as may ads. But sex hasn't changed in ... well sex hasn't changed.
it was not better. pretty much the same. owner died. her mom fucked around and let the site flounder...otherwise it would still be the big dog if they would have taken care of business. their inaction cost them a lot of money. eccie took over and filled the void. Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Yup that pretty much sums it up. I do remember right before it crashed the site was running slow and kept crashing over and over.
The p was already losing ground. The site was mismanaged by Amber and her quacker jack team of staff. Good riddance.
Ok all you ASPD folks will you please tell us Johnny cum latelys what happened to ASPD... And what was so much better about it than today's boards. This stuff reminds me of the good old days stuff your grandad told.. Originally Posted by diddleman
ECCIE is much better: better chat room, better GUI interface, less crashes, and i would say that 70% of Mods, members, and providers of ASPD are here or retired. ASPD had 150,000 members after 10 years, we are at 241,000 after 5 years and growing everyday.

To The Owners of Eccie and to the Talented Mods that run it, I SALUTE YOU.
(this is not collecting brownie points, this is honest truth. I am a Lifetime Member of Eccie and a Lifetime member of P411, This is money well spent and the best combination of this century)

CG
I gotta agree w/CopierGuy. ASPD was pretty much the dumps. Eccie is much better. More things of interest and much less bogus drama.
  • XY
  • 04-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Yup that pretty much sums it up. I do remember right before it crashed the site was running slow and kept crashing over and over. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Holy fuck you are hot!

ASPD forever baby!

Those were the days.
Why thank you. And yes they were!
When folks remember "the good old days" of ASPD, they're likely speaking of the early days when it was a small community. This was back before everyone had access to the internet.

The world caught up quickly, however, and the latter-day ASPD was very much like today's ECCIE. The only real difference to me is that ASPD was unable to handle its success. ECCIE has.
I had about 30 or so reviews on aspd so knew it pretty well, although there are folks around who were there a lot longer than me. I think the eccie site is better. Generally similar in approach, but less flaming, with exceptions.
I had about 30 or so reviews on aspd so knew it pretty well, although there are folks around who were there a lot longer than me. I think the eccie site is better. Generally similar in approach, but less flaming, with exceptions. Originally Posted by White Tiger
I don't perceive there to be much difference in the flaming department. I guess it depends who is on the giving and receiving end of it.

There probably is some difference in how the board is moderated. I got along with the aspd mods, and get along with the current crew, so for me at least the difference isn't notable.
When folks remember "the good old days" of ASPD, they're likely speaking of the early days when it was a small community. This was back before everyone had access to the internet.

The world caught up quickly, however, and the latter-day ASPD was very much like today's ECCIE. The only real difference to me is that ASPD was unable to handle its success. ECCIE has.
Well stated Tinman !

Yes !! Smaller community, not as much BP, or CL biz. Socials (fight club rules), and the site seemed more intimate, almost like a private club feeling.

ECCIE has many upsides over ASPD, a lot more to choose from but lacks some things too.
It's what we have now.

The ASPD "old Guard", we have our memories and yes we have a tendency to say " Well, back in the day". LOL

The hobby goes on.......... thankfully
Both sites have felt the same to me. Have met many wonderful ladies on both. The showcase feature has been a game changer here on eccie as aspd you only had weekly ads for pics, lucky to have them emailed to you from a provider, or someone had one for your review to post. Pics are not everything, but most like them rather than not. Sometimes, I just search showcases exclusively to find who I want to meet as another versatile way to search.

And saw a post where they said Tara Evans is hot. +1! Aspd did get slow at the end!
Almost all f what has been written is true. From a technical standpoint, this is a better web site. And from a content standpoint, this site is at least as good, if not better, than aspd.com was in it's later years.

However, ASPD in its early years, at TinMan points out, was a very different creature. Part of what made it seem so great is how new the concept was -- a place where hobbyists and providers could gather to openly talk about the hobby, review girls, advertise, etc. That was a vast improvement over the previous culture. Second, because it was so groundbreaking, new and useful, I think there was much more a sense that it was something to be cherished and protected. Nobody wanted to go back to the days of just cruising Harry Hines, or looking in the phone book when you checked into a hotel room hoping against hope that some poor guy had written some marginalia giving some insight into which of the dozens of phone agencies was good. Those were the "bad old days!"