FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

• D.V.
  • 05-02-2014, 07:46 PM
We got a lot of Latina providers pretending to be Italian in their profiles.

If you have Hispanic facial features, speak with a mousy voice, and have a maiden last name of Martinez or Rodriguez, you’re not Italian. Quit pretending to be someone you’re not. If you’re a Mexican, take pride in your racial heritage and don't be ashamed.

We got a lot of White providers pretending to be Indian in their profiles.

If you have pale skin, blue eyes, and blond hair, you’re not Native American. Having a great grandmother who was ¼ Native American doesn’t make you an Indian. Quit pretending to be someone you’re not. If you’re a White, take pride in your racial heritage. Quit feeling guilty for all of the horrific things your ancestors did to all of us minorities.

We got a lot of Black providers pretending to be white in their profiles.

If you experience discrimination from hobbyists and fellow providers, have white people lock their car doors and clinch their wallets and purses when you walk by, and can’t catch a taxi, your ass is as black as mine. Quit pretending to be someone you’re not. If you’re a Black, take pride in your racial heritage and don't be ashamed.
Links? Examples?
Links? Examples? Originally Posted by LilMynx69
The OP is correct- I could list pages of ADS with incorrect "heritage" a lot of AA girls claiming Mixed with Indian but the new fad is to be Black and Brazilian gimme a break!!!
The OP is correct- I could list pages of ADS with incorrect "heritage" a lot of AA girls claiming Mixed with Indian but the new fad is to be Black and Brazilian gimme a break!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Wouldn't be so bad if the AA Brazilians knew a little bit of Portuguese. It would be a little bit more convincing.
Have fun getting your next vizit dv, sounds like a serious issue for you. Still waiting on who what when and where started ALL this for your rant
Wouldn't be so bad if the AA Brazilians knew a little bit of Portuguese. It would be a little bit more convincing. Originally Posted by BrownSugarBaby
Lol exactly- when I was growing girls would always say Mixed with Indian I guess over the past 20 years there has been an influx of Brazilians spreading their seed in the Black community and as the OP mentioned other races also claims other heritages.
I remember years ago I called out an AA girl who AD read AA mixed with Brazilian well I knew she wasn't because I knew her and her family personally and asked why the false disclaimer she said it was for "marketing" and that claiming to be "mixed" is a better selling strategy than just saying AA.
I think you make a valid point on one hand but I not touching the 1/4 part. A person who is mixed usually take on the father nationality but it's their choice what race they want to live their life. I don't think it has anything to do with not being proud of one race over the other.

The thing that get me is when you search for a blonde and you get an African American or Hispanic providers mixed in because of hair dye or if you search African American provider there are mixed providers mixed in and they can pass for white.

Maybe they are catering to their clients or trying to market themselves to a certain group but I don't think it has anything to do with not being proud of one race over another.
That's gonna be like tellin the ladies to quit shavin a few years off of their age and a few pounds off of their stats. A little fudgery is to be expected. After all, they are in it to make money. Any business selling something doesn't advertise "come and get our same ole same ole pruduct." They tweak their ads to make it sound like something different than what everyone else is offering.

Unless it's blatant bait and switch... don't let it get ya too worked up bro.
Actually, depending on the tribe as little as 1/8 American Indian makes you native American. some tribes go as low as 1/16. If it's good enough for the tribes and the federal government it's good enough for me. Just because someone does not display all the physical characteristics you think they should does not make them wrong.

That said, I do agree lots of women seem to be trying to hide their heritage or make themselves more exotic. Some also do it in an effort to avoid the bigots not calling them because of their race.
Bait and switch?...
Attached Images File Type: jpg .facebook_154563896.jpg (39.6 KB, 413 views)
That's gonna be like tellin the ladies to quit shavin a few years off of their age and a few pounds off of their stats. A little fudgery is to be expected. After all, they are in it to make money. Any business selling something doesn't advertise "come and get our same ole same ole pruduct." They tweak their ads to make it sound like something different than what everyone else is offering.

Unless it's blatant bait and switch... don't let it get ya too worked up bro. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
Haahahahahaaaaa....+ 1000.

There are some chicks on here who's profile says 29. I'm like, "Chick, if you're 29, then I'm 17. How about that?"

Oh, and I am now Swiss. Thank you and good day.
We got a lot of Latina providers pretending to be Italian in their profiles.

If you have Hispanic facial features, speak with a mousy voice, and have a maiden last name of Martinez or Rodriguez, you’re not Italian. Quit pretending to be someone you’re not. If you’re a Mexican, take pride in your racial heritage and don't be ashamed.

We got a lot of White providers pretending to be Indian in their profiles.

If you have pale skin, blue eyes, and blond hair, you’re not Native American. Having a great grandmother who was ¼ Native American doesn’t make you an Indian. Quit pretending to be someone you’re not. If you’re a White, take pride in your racial heritage. Quit feeling guilty for all of the horrific things your ancestors did to all of us minorities.

We got a lot of Black providers pretending to be white in their profiles.

If you experience discrimination from hobbyists and fellow providers, have white people lock their car doors and clinch their wallets and purses when you walk by, and can’t catch a taxi, your ass is as black as mine. Quit pretending to be someone you’re not. If you’re a Black, take pride in your racial heritage and don't be ashamed.
Originally Posted by D.V.
Stop trying to say smart things when you have no clue how biology works. You can get some insane variance even within the same family.

EX1: http://i.imgur.com/RiNzP79.jpg

Irish dad, Italian Mom

EX2: http://i.imgur.com/BPiscmk.jpg

Both have the same 2 parents, one Irish, one Italian.

So yes, while there's a bunch of bullshit floating around, unless you wanna start doing genealogy with all your providers there's no way to tell.
I'm almost full blooded Italian (3/4). I have blue eyes and VERY pale skin. Yeah, I can get a wicked tan, but I also like passing for 28-30 when I'm 36-- so I choose to not tan. I'm one of the few people I know of that has been accused of ADDING years to my age. (Aside from the 18-19 year olds).

My sister, same heritage-- is assumed to be hispanic whenever she is in Texas for a visit. The only dead giveaway for paisano is the nose with her. :P
hmmmm....Brazil has the largest Africana Diaspora besides Africa.

The First slaves where brought to the Dominican Republic...I know many Afro-Cubans and Afrolatinos, and even a few Garifuna - fact is, we do exist.

People are shocked when I speak Spanish. I read, speak, and write Spanish fluently. Just saying it's more than possible...visit Florida and see.

I wish I could link you guys to my website on Afro-Latinos and the Africana Diaspora case studies but my real world info would be at stake.

The exploitation of this is ridiculous though, I have to agree. I don't even address it anymore in my profile with so many claiming to be this and that, but are not.

Now the Native American/"Indian" thing, I don't buy due to historical facts. Native Americans not exposed to European diseases ie yellow fever , died off before ALL our great grandparents were alive - hence the slave trade (Africans had been exposed to European diseases after hundreds of years of trading and could work/be slaves and not die by the masses like the Natives were).

It's not just the hobby either - I've YET to meet a Black person OR a white person who doesn't claim Native Heritage. Hehehe, no, you just don't want to admit great great great great great PawPaw slept with slaves/master and made YOU.

There was a study on this on PBS - Whoopi, Chris Rock, Oprah, James Earl Jones, and others found out they're legendary Native Ancestry accounted for 1 % or less. The AA man conducting the study actually discovered he had more Irish blood than anything else... let's get real here.
I don't claim native heritage... hell, my people didn't get here until the turn of the 20th century...