Spreadsheet for managing your hobby budget

I've created an Excel spreadsheet that allows you to more easily manage your hobby budget.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/da7x7sr9vr7vleh/Dates.xls

You specify how much you want to spend per month and it gives you a daily allowance. I've explained the functions of each column below:
Date: The date of the appointment

Name: The name of the provider

Cost: The cost of the date

Target monthly allowance: The amount of money you intend to spend this month on dates. It should remain the same for every date entry within a single month, but may vary from month to month. By default, it will remain the same until changed manually

Total cost this month: How much money you've spent on dates so far this month

Previous month's balance: The balance that was carried over from the previous month. Regardless of whether the balance is positive or negative, it will add to or subtract from your allowance for the following month

Accumulated allowance: The amount of money you have to spend on your next date. The further you let this number get below zero, the longer you'll have to wait in order to save up the funds to get back within your budget. The current amount you have to spend is displayed in this column directly below the last date entry. The formula is:
(DailyAllowance * DayOfTheMonth) - TotalCostThisMonth + PreviousMonthsBalance

DailyAllowance: Target monthly allowance / 30 (ex. a monthly allowance of $600 will give you a DailyAllowance of $20)

DayOfTheMonth: The day of the month specified by the Date field. If no date is specified, the current date is used

Multiplying DailyAllowance by DayOfTheMonth will give you the allowance you've accrued so far that month. Subtracting TotalCostThisMonth from and adding PreviousMonthsBalance to this total will give you your Accumulated allowance

Days since last date: This isn't used by any of the formulas in this document. It's just here in case you want to use this number to help you figure out when you should plan your next date

If you don't add any entries for one or more months, the budgets for those months are skipped. You may add them to the Target monthly allowance for the following month to avoid this.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas on how this could be improved or if you have a solution that might work better.
Why would one want to have incriminating evidence like this stored on their PC??
Why would one want to have incriminating evidence like this stored on their PC?? Originally Posted by garhkal

Someone with a name like that with a single post suggesting such a thing that could be used in court the drive you into the ground. Hmmmmmmm..............HMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... ..
Why would one want to have incriminating evidence like this stored on their PC?? Originally Posted by garhkal
Have cops been known to go to the trouble of searching people's computers over a misdemeanor? I'm still new to this, but my impression has been that they're not going to throw that kind of time and money at something like this.

EDIT: Not a rhetorical question, by the way. If anybody has links, I would love to look them over.
I can only get an erection once a month at most, if I'm that lucky. So I don't have to worry about costs.
Being old has its advantages???
I have a memory!! Last thing I would do is create a paper trail - Way to go Nola!! You just figured out a way to convert a hobby into work!!
How old are you? Have to be under 25 or the most immature and ignorant man I have seen post in some time. You can create a spreadsheet whoopee Doo! Who cares? Are you so young that you are just figuring out how to run your finances? You must be young, but seems you wanted to help others.

A little advice, remember this hobby is an activity of selfishness and self is put above all else. Thus, helping others is usually not recommended. Maybe you have not been in hobby long enough to have learned this and you are not ruined yet. If that is true get out while you can.

How desperate is a man that only sees having sex with prostitutes in his futur? Have sex with some ladies that really like you. Might not be as pretty as some of these women but still more satisfying. Condom sex is not great sex ever, if you have had great sex then put your efforts toward that. Here there is no effort, phone call and cash and she will be slobbering on your knob in no time. No accomplisment.

The hobby looks fun and nice on this website but the reality is it is very cynical. She will lie and manipulate to get to your wallet, you will lie and manipulate to get the pussy. It is merely a fantasy of release, slightly better than jerking off. Think of it like a vacation, once you have seen Niagara falls no need to go back and budget is only temporary and not on going thing.

Remember, no one likes you here, and no one ever will. You are a pathetic John like the rest of us.

Re
Sorry, but I never download anything from the web unless it is created by a trusted source.

btw, since you obviously need a license to run excel, did you make sure to scrub all of your personal data embedded in the original spread sheet before uploaded?

More important, I think would be a means to track all of the opportunities out there and match those to your personal playmate physical and BCD preferences, TCB expectations and budget needs.
Sorry, but I never download anything from the web unless it is created by a trusted source.

btw, since you obviously need a license to run excel, did you make sure to scrub all of your personal data embedded in the original spread sheet before uploaded? Originally Posted by ck1942
I used Open Office (free) on an encrypted installation of Ubuntu that I only use for hobby purposes.

More important, I think would be a means to track all of the opportunities out there and match those to your personal playmate physical and BCD preferences, TCB expectations and budget needs. Originally Posted by ck1942
I have a spreadsheet for that too.
You either have enough to hobby or you don't. If it takes more that that then you don't have enough. Fucking spread sheets. Gimme a break
You either have enough to hobby or you don't. If it takes more that that then you don't have enough. Fucking spread sheets. Gimme a break Originally Posted by burkalini
Exactly
You just figured out a way to convert a hobby into work!! Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
To be honest, I think I'm enjoying the research and prep work as much as the actual hobbying
Wait a min, we're supposed to budget for this?

burkalini called it correctly just above.
To be honest, I think I'm enjoying the research and prep work as much as the actual hobbying Originally Posted by NolaScofflaw
I expect that from a person with the word LAW as part of there handle & not to mention this is your only post..

The irony
  • Old-T
  • 10-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Sadly you have stumbled upon an instantiation of the "No Good Turn Goes Unpunished" maxim!

While I agree with CK's comments, I also applaud you for being willing to share a tool that some may find useful (others may not, but the polite thing would be for them to ignore it and move on, but that is not how some folks here are built, as you can tell).

You either have enough to hobby or you don't. If it takes more that that then you don't have enough. Fucking spread sheets. Gimme a break Originally Posted by burkalini
Clearly someone who has likely never saved for a long term goal. But then, most people do not have to save up for a trip to McDonalds.

I expect that from a person with the word LAW as part of there handle & not to mention this is your only post..

The irony Originally Posted by Amiliah Rayne
It does seem that as soon as a person describes themselves as "Winky Whisperer" they develop certain curmudgeon traits, and also seem to lose sight of the wider picture. There is nothing illegal or immoral about budgeting, and the kind of spreadsheet described need not be for any illegal or immoral purpose so it is not at all clear why she would have issue with your post. But it is possible that people who work at McDonalds do not see the value in budgeting either.

remember this hobby is an activity of selfishness and self is put above all else. Thus, helping others is usually not recommended.

Maybe you have not been in hobby long enough to have learned this and you are not ruined yet. If that is true get out while you can.

How desperate is a man that only sees having sex with prostitutes in his futur?

The hobby looks fun and nice on this website but the reality is it is very cynical.

She will lie and manipulate to get to your wallet, you will lie and manipulate to get the pussy.

Remember, no one likes you here, and no one ever will.

You are a pathetic John like the rest of us.

Re Originally Posted by gentlemantoo
What more can one say about taking advice from someone who is so jaundiced about EVERYONE in this community. Makes one wonder why anyone would voluntarily spend time with a group of people who are all liars, manipulators, and/or pathetic.