Thunder vs Spurs?

having lived in Dallas for 35+ years and a Maverick fan, who in Dallas are you hoping to win the west?

currently 2-2 back to SA
I'm pulling for S.A. OKC has plenty of championships in front of them, if I don't miss my guess. This may be Tim and Manu's last chance.
  • Lanny
  • 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM
No True Mavs fan could Ever root for Spurs!!!!!!!
No True Mavs fan could Ever root for Spurs!!!!!!! Originally Posted by Lanny
I hear that from some folks, but I think that the two franchises are a lot alike. And for that matter, I see a lot of similarities between OKC and the Mavs (and even more between OKC and SA). They are all high character teams that compete hard and generally rely on players with high basketball IQ's. They keep their core players for a long time. They hire very good coaches and have stable front office personnel. And they have good ownership groups. You can probably count the number of teams in the league that those things can be said about on the fingers of one hand (or two hands with a lot of fingers left over).
I'm pulling for Thunder. Just ready for a new team to break through the traditional dynasty team's. Plus, it is nice to see a team that isn't in a major market breaking through. Prior to Chris Paul leaving Hornet, I was hoping they would shine. Now, it is all the buzz about getting the #1 pick.
It would be good to see the OKC Thunder beat the Spurs. Plus, I think that they have a better shot at betting the Miami Heat / Boston Celtics. The Spurs is a solid group of veteran players ( senior citizens NBA standards.) that are slowing down each game played in the playoffs.
Exciting Game. Nice, tough win for Thunder. 3 straight losses for Spurs after a 20 game tear.
I want the Thunder over the Spurs. Hell of a game 5!
I want the Thunder over the Spurs. Hell of a game 5! Originally Posted by huskerdude
yes, great game, the younger legs won out