I Hate To Say It.... Going UTR

I've recently been outted to my family and closest friends by a man I've never met. Therefore, I'll continue to accept appointment from ECCIE and P411 members as well, but my advertising will cease.

Please don't be strangers, my friends. I'll still be in business, just hiding while the damage control is going on.
I thank you all in advance for the understanding and support.

To my ladies, please be careful. It only takes one guy to ruin a good thing going.

Thank you all again,
Anna Addictive
Sorry to hear about your trouble, Anna. If you don't mind, you might briefly explain what you could have done to prevent the outing, now that you have the perspective of hindsight.
My advertising on BP was the start of. None of us girls are hard to find if we want to be found. Its just agitating that I have to shift my life around because this happened
So it was just a matter of him finding the ad and an identifiable photo and forwarding it on to your friends and family?

If so, there's no defense to that other than not posting identifiable photos. But that causes problems of it on from a business standpoint (as you obviously know).

Sorry you're going through this.
I'm guessing he made a connection among your image, your phone number, and your RW identity. Am I close?
You might consider removing the face/unique tat pics from your showcase too.
You might consider removing the face/unique tat pics from your showcase too. Originally Posted by Hercules
Yep, and there's a tat there that is about as unique as any I've ever seen. That might trump DNA testing for positive identification.

Still sucks, and I'm still so very sorry that you're dealing with this.
Asshole!
He approached my sister-in-law first The crazy part of it all was he approached one of my ex's (whom I haven't been with in 5 years) and told him about my profession. I'm not sure how he did it, but he's only been telling the ones I care about most. Although, I don't want to take any chances on that few number of people turns into more.
Anna, after this scare, why are you still showing your face?

He could be talking to more people as we type.

At the minimum, blur your face and your tattoos right away.

After that, taking new pictures in neutral surroundings (not your home) in clothes/jewelry that can't be tied to your real life, blur the face and tattoos, and switching to a hobby phone will allow you to protect your real identity going forward.

If you choose to take everything down and truly go UTR, it will really reduce your dates.

I know from personal experience that "out of sight, out of mind". Whenever I stop advertising, calls and emails taper off, even from people I've seen before. When I reinstate the ads, my regulars come back.
  • BLM69
  • 08-07-2012, 10:52 PM
WOW, sorry to hear about this, anna has always been good to me and the little guy. I know how to get a hold of you.
Honey, you make a good point. I'll no longer be on BP, but I'll continue to advertise on here occasionally. Ive realized since the closest ones to me already know, theres no point in blurring my images. Thank you guys for all the support.
Ive realized since the closest ones to me already know, theres no point in blurring my images. Originally Posted by AnnaAddictive
Well, there you go. He's fired his best shot, and you're still standing. He has no power over you, anymore.
Am sorry that happened to you Anna,I wish you the very best
Honey, you make a good point. I'll no longer be on BP, but I'll continue to advertise on here occasionally. Ive realized since the closest ones to me already know, theres no point in blurring my images. Thank you guys for all the support. Originally Posted by AnnaAddictive
So basically, you're not going to try to be under the radar anymore, you're just not going to advertise on backpage? (I believe that I just broke a bunch of grammatical rules in that sentence!)

Either way, I AM sincerely sorry that you got outed to people close to you. Just horrible all the way around.