How's business?

Each day seems like our economy keeps getting kicked in the ass every day and everyone keeps forecasting the downfall of America.

My question to my fellow hobbyists:

How has the economy affected what provider you see and how often do you hobby?

For the ladies:

How has your business been affected, if any, by this slow downturn? Are you getting less appointments? Have you considered running specials or even lowering your rates?

Just wondering what everyone else is experiencing and what everyone is doing to keep their head above water.
I found that the more specials I offered and the lower my rates, the LESS business I got. I'm busier now than I was when I was offering crazy specials and deals.
I think business is on target for this time of year. Like any other business, you have to identify the trends and adjust accordingly.
my employer has stayed in business and still signs up clients. some are in dallas, some are out of town. so, i've had steady work and income the past few years.

thus, no major changes in frequency of my consulting appts.
also, i have not changed my self-imposed upper boundary on what i will pay for an hour of consulting. i have made one exception in the last year - she was delitefully worth it.

some of the women i consult w/ have raised their fees; some havent in 3 yrs. for those that have, i either quit consulting w/ them or only do so when i've saved up enough.
No change for me, but then again, I don't really work that much. This economy sucks balls though... grrrr.