reverse phone lookup

Is there a free reverse phone lookup online, that would show caller, etc., when the phone number is input? I've received several calls on my hobby phone and have no idea where they come from.

And, I apologize if the answer is in a thread somewhere. My mind clearly doesn't work like the "search" algorithms, since I cannot find anything using that capability.

Thanks for the help.
you could try www.numberguru.com
  • hd
  • 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM
when I got my hobby phone I got messages from businesses saying they wanted to talk to (whoever had the number before me) about hiring him for the job they were trying to fill. Too bad for that guy for not keeping his cell phone number active. I wouldn't worry about it other than my minutes are being used for someone elses bullshit.
You might try Spokeo, it isn't free, but pretty cheap.
you could try www.numberguru.com Originally Posted by LuvOnWheels
regardless if it is a wired line or a wireless line.
* if the number is valid, it will show that.
* if the number has a registered person, they used to show that. now you have to join their site to see that.

if you dont want your name showing up on a call from your wireless line, then talk w/ your wireless company about changing what displays on Caller ID Name ID.
I use spokeo
you could try www.numberguru.com Originally Posted by LuvOnWheels
I stand by this one and it is a usual part of my screening.
[/quote]if you dont want your name showing up on a call from your wireless line, then talk w/ your wireless company about changing what displays on Caller ID Name ID.[/quote]

Phones have that option built in. Or dial *67 before the number
  • zebra
  • 01-11-2012, 08:33 PM
www.numberguru.com

I typed in my own cell number and the only thing it got right was who my wireless carrier is. The location was incorrect.
www.numberguru.com

I typed in my own cell number and the only thing it got right was who my wireless carrier is. The location was incorrect. Originally Posted by zebra
after registering w/ their site [free and painless], all phones i queried showed the names i setup for the phones.

i believe the Location is where the owner [landline] or cell phone company is registered - Allen and Dallas, in my tests.

in the case of landlines, it shows a google map of the general area of the billing address. in the case of wired lines, it shows the location of the carrier [for example, one location was dallas, but the map showed grand prairie].

my MetroPCS phone lists "NWIRE, LLC" as the carrier.
my ATT phone [started out w/ Cingular] lists "NEW CINGULAR WIRELESS".

so, useful, in my opinion.
I never found one that would tell me the name of the subscriber.
it depends on how the owner of the phone number set it up w/ their carrier.
i just checked a phone number and, after logging in [i registered yesterday], it showed me the owner's first initial of first name and full last name.