Dakota Rayne Prescott

Time for Tony to retire? Dak is to Brady as Tony is to Drew? Injury reveals a franchise QB? Not that Dak will be as good as Brady, mainly because the GM wont ever do a good enought job with personnel surrounding him, but he has the intangibles. Cool under pressure. Doesnt buckle under pressure.

Tony haters can save it. I think Tony is a great QB. I just want him to be able to walk when he is 45.
calm down, its the bears
Dude, I am not a Cowboys fans. I am an outside observer. I have long debated topics about the Cowboys because i do not wear blue star colored glasses.

And to directly reply to your comment, this is his third straight game playing cool, calm and collected. It may have been the 8:40 AM bit, but fake Jerry has it right. Tony Romo has a paper mache` back.
Dak has 4 more games before Romo will be given a clean bill of health (damn...sounds odd to think that's even possible with the little porcelain doll Tony, doesn't it?):

@ San Francisco
CINCINNATI
@ Green Bay
PHILADELPHIA

The game following the Eagles game will be a road game @ Cleveland.....at that date, Tony "might" take the reins once again.

Should the Cowboys have a winning record by that time (that will more than likely mean Dak's stats / numbers are "winning", as well) then Garrett (and Jerry) are gonna have a really, really tough decision to make.

Inserting Romo back into the offense could prove disruptive to team chemistry. And Redball may not be willing to make that change (even though Jerry's paying Tony a lotta coin).

Stay tuned.....
I think they can be either 5 - 3 or 6- 2 at that point. @ GB will be a very important test for this young man.

I wonder if Candice will have a say in this. IF Tony sees the Cowboys are in good hands, so retiring doesn't leave them in a bad spot, does he pull the trigger?
It's Romo's job when he comes back. Jerry has said it, Steven has said it, and Dak has hinted that he understands that - yeah that's probably him towing the company line. But until Tony actually does retire, it wont be Dak's job. We can hope, wish, speculate all we want but Dak is still another year or 2 from being the fulltime starter. The cowboys are rolling with Romo until he retires. I'm a huge Cowboys fan - there is no other team but America's team for me and the last time I enjoyed the super bowl was the last time my cowboys played in it. I love the way Dak is playing, but I know he's going back to the bench when Romo is healthy and able to play. I do have mixed feelings about that but as long as we are winning games then I'm ok. If Tony struggles and we start to stumble, then it might be time for Dak to take over for good. At least we know that it's not hopeless without Romo anymore. Now if we can just get some more production out of Terrance Williams or Butler and generate enough of a pass rush on defense to actually put a little fear in opposing QB's we might be able to make a real run at the playoffs tho year. Right now, I'm just hoping we can be around in November and December to have a chance to make the playoffs regardless of who's handing off the ball to Zeke or throwing it to Dez.
I think if the Boys are at 6-2.. no worse.. Dak keeps his starting job, tentatively.. Keep Romo as backup QB the rest of the season, then decide Romo's future.

5-3 or worse? Romo gets his starting role back, tentatively.. Dak ready to jump in at any hint of Romo weakness.. decide in the off-season who wins the starting job next year.. if it's Dak, Romo retires.
  • harry
  • 09-26-2016, 05:58 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with Chung!
A smart GM cuts Romo after the season. You can have Romo, or you can have Dak and what $20 million buys you in Free Agency or locked up players.

All of course based upon Daks continued improvement.
How much dead money would Romo count against the cap will be the deciding factor whether the cowbitches ditch Romo.
Dakota Rayne Prescott

Good name for a provider.
A smart GM cuts Romo after the season. You can have Romo, or you can have Dak and what $20 million buys you in Free Agency or locked up players.

All of course based upon Daks continued improvement. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Nothing changes this season, of course. Looking forward:

The cap hit on Romo's contract for 2017 would be $24.7 mil while the dead money would be $19.6 million. Cutting Romo makes no sense fiscally speaking.

So.....if Prescott continues to improve, the smart money says keep Romo as the best backup in the entire league. And draft more defensive players next April (along with a stud wide receiver to put opposite of Dez).
  • MRMR
  • 09-28-2016, 04:55 PM
If Romo does play, not sure he makes it past a couple games.Romo seems like a great Guy, would love to see him enjoy life after football especially with his young kids.If he was not medically cleared in the future to play what does that do to the cap? I am sure he would like a few more years of earnings as he is supposedly building a BIG home.
Nothing changes this season, of course. Looking forward:

The cap hit on Romo's contract for 2017 would be $24.7 mil while the dead money would be $19.6 million. Cutting Romo makes no sense fiscally speaking.

So.....if Prescott continues to improve, the smart money says keep Romo as the best backup in the entire league. And draft more defensive players next April (along with a stud wide receiver to put in place of Dez). Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

Fixed it ... Dez is too fragile.
Do you believe it now Trinity?