Restaurant suggestions

I will be staying in the area of the American Airline Center.

Any non-chain restaurants in the area?
I will be staying in the area of the American Airline Center.

Any non-chain restaurants in the area? Originally Posted by Daddys Girl ATX

All I had to do was type in "Restaurants near American Airlines Center" into Google and this popped up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rest...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Yelp dot com is your friend! Their's a yelp app as well that comes in handy when you're on the move.
I know this ya'll, lol. I was seeking personal preferences.
Well not next door but the restaurants at Trinity Groves are great, love Lucks, pastrami brisket sandwich is awesome. Very upscale is Dean Fearings, great southwest upscale cuisine.

Also love S&D Oyster Company try BBQ Shrimp and the meddlesome moth has good food and drinks.

Hope this helps plus there are some restaurants right by the AAC that are decent just forget the names.
I wouldn't mess around eating near there. Just head over to McKinney Ave in Uptown. Go to Trulucks....Hang by the bar. Never know you might meet someone
There is a place called the Market Diner on Harry Hines Blvd. And Mama's Daughters Diner on Irving Blvd. that are both very good. Breakfast, Chicken Fried Staek, Roast Beef
Home cooking types of food.
I don't know about the fancy places though.... sorry
Short cab ride or modest walk away is CDB Provisions. Quite good. Nothing of top quality within a few blocks.

S&D Oyster, mentioned above, is a $5-6 cab ride away -- maybe a bit further that CDB -- but a fine example if gulf coast sea food. Very good Gulf oysters and excellent fried or broiled fish. Gumbo is very good, too.

Fearing's is more expensive than these two, but also very, very good. Never been a fan of Truluck's.
Rodeo Goat just down Market Center has some great burgers and a nice patio.
Get dolled up and go to the bar at Ocean Prime (chain, but really good and upscale). Great food, drinks, people watching and if you are so inclined... Short-term employment opportunities!!!
^^^^^^^^Two thumbs up per the Ocean Prime suggestion...best scallops and risotto in town.
Daddy's Girl! My favorite place to eat in Austin is at the Y, but you knew that Wednesday night. Just sayin'

I'll gladly show you my favorite spot in Dallas when you get here this weekend. Rumor has it you're sitting on it.
re in the Bishop Arts District, just south of where you areTen Bells Tavern, Eno's Pizza, Boulevardier, Oddfellows, and Bolsa are all faves.
This is not a hobby related discussion so in the sandbox it goes.
Try Mia's Tex-Mex. It's on Lemmon just past Oak Lawn. Don't even look at the menu just order the Brisket tacos. Best tacos you'll ever eat in your life. Seriously the rest of the food is good, but typical texmex. The Brisket Tacos are outstanding so do yourself a favor and just get them.