This is TOO Funny! Ecuador Cancels US Trade Pact Over Repeated Threats

I don't know much about Ecuador, but this new guy running the place is funny. Check this out:

Faced with several days of overt threats from the Obama Administration and top senators threatening to revoke a key US-Ecuador trade pact if they dare to grant asylum to Edward Snowden, the Ecuadoran government has told the US what they can do with their frozen broccoli and fresh cut flowers, and has cancelled the pact themselves.

President Rafael Correa said that his nation would not tolerate US blackmail and that the trade pact wasn’t worth the harm it would do to Ecuadoran sovereignty. With most of its neighbors getting free trade with the US, the loss of the pact may put Ecuador at an economic disadvantage.

But only really on the broccoli and the flowers. Though those are big exports to the US, they are dwarfed by Ecuador’s largest export, oil. And if Ecuador’s oil is no longer welcome in the US, that’s one commodity they can easily sell elsewhere.

And just in case there were any doubts of what Ecuador was telling the Obama Administration, the nation’s Communications Secretary, Fernando Alvarado, announced $23 million in Ecuadoran aid to the United States to provide “human rights training” to combat torture, illegal executions and “attacks on peoples’ privacy.”

And he's sending aid to the US to help us combat government spying on us!

This guy is good!

More here: http://news.antiwar.com/2013/06/27/e...eated-threats/
I don't know much about anything but I do like to increase my post count. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
No charge!
Oh boy! More free Obamaphones with that 23 million! Sounds like Snowden is definitely headed to Equador. But you are right, that is funny if you like seeing Obama get kicked squarely in the nuts and take it like a, hmmm, at a loss for a description
LOL! This guy is really good!

Reminder: pick up a bag of frozen broccoli, just in case this shit gets real.
Makes me think of Kaiser Surzay (sp?) killing his family rather than beholding to the mob.

Standing up to the bully, everybody loves that.
  • CJ7
  • 06-30-2013, 10:52 PM
its not as much of a slap to Obie as it is to this country ..
Why don't you move there Whiny? I hear they've got a great bus system!
  • CJ7
  • 06-30-2013, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
pissed off at the republicans isn't he? ... cant say I blame the guy.
fuck them ...and fuck broccoli

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
All of this to protect you from Muslims. I cannot believe this country has allowed the fear of Muslims, no matter how vile and brutal they are, to stoop to the level that Equador can make us look like an utter failure to the rest of the world. Completely embarrassing.
  • WTF
  • 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Reminder: pick up a bag of frozen broccoli, just in case this shit gets real. Originally Posted by gnadfly
pissed off at the republicans isn't he? ... cant say I blame the guy. Originally Posted by CJ7
You really think he is talking about republicans only?Everything he stated also has been happening under the democratic obama administration guess you chose to ignore that though along with a few other people on this board that refuse to see reality.
Really dumb of Obie it is hard to find people who like broccoli ..