What will happen when states reopen and COVID spikes?

It's going to flare up/spike because we didn't let it run through the populace and we don't control our borders.

Many of the blue states will retrench despite outcry from their public. The red states likely won't. The markets will take another shallower dive. I still don't see how the markets recovered so fast. Not convinced. Even poor earnings haven't offset the Fed stimulus.

As long children aren't dying in significant numbers we'll be OK and as a nation hold.
It's going to flare up/spike because we didn't let it run through the populace and we don't control our borders.

Many of the blue states will retrench despite outcry from their public. The red states likely won't. The markets will take another shallower dive. I still don't see how the markets recovered so fast. Not convinced. Even poor earnings haven't offset the Fed stimulus.

As long children aren't dying in significant numbers we'll be OK and as a nation hold. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The blue states love government control and the illusion of safety.

They are girly men!
I'll tell you what's going to happen.

Don Meredith will come back to sing "Turn out the lights,the Party's over".

It will be over for the Chump regime.

It's way to early to assess the markets as to being Recovered.They have not gone yet to where they are going to end up.
They're recovered over 6000pts from where they were a few weeks ago. While I'd agree they are not fully or perm...never mind, welcome to ignore.
Our resident douche-bags pipe in with their total lack of knowledge while high fiving each other in the line to blow trump.
Just STFU for a change.
Thank you in advance.

As long children aren't dying in significant numbers we'll be OK and as a nation hold. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The blue states love government control and the illusion of safety.

They are girly men! Originally Posted by friendly fred
Drinking already, anger man?

Care to address the question? Sober up first, please.
They're recovered over 6000pts from where they were a few weeks ago. While I'd agree they are not fully or perm...never mind, welcome to ignore. Originally Posted by gnadfly

no it's not back to January levels. it is coming back. any broker will tell you that these big selloffs then recovery are V shaped. give it another 8 weeks with the economy starting up again and the market will be back to pre-farce levels. yeah i called it a farce because it is.

initially i lost 80k. about 20-25 percent. now i'm down 30k and climbing back up. did i panic sell? Nope. i doubled down and bought 25k. i increased my holdings in Kinder-Morgan and Valero by 10k each. bought 5k in AT&T. in my individual wealth account put in 5k and added Valero to that investment account. all told i took advantage of this crash to add 30k of current or new investments at a 30% discount.
Our resident douche-bags pipe in with their total lack of knowledge while high fiving each other in the line to blow trump.
Just STFU for a change.
Thank you in advance.
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Sweden didn't overeact and they turned out to be just fine.

Flu kills old people and we are all going to die someday.

This stupid pussified society is ruining America.

Patton would be ashamed of us.
Sweden didn't overeact and they turned out to be just fine.

Flu kills old people and we are all going to die someday.

This stupid pussified society is ruining America.

Patton would be ashamed of us. Originally Posted by friendly fred

Patton would declare war against liberalism!!
Liberals will squeel with glee.
Can’t speak to other states, but in Texas I think Abbott is making a mistake opening up the Texas beaches.

I understand Frettia who sat on Abbott’s planning board is claiming Galveston beaches will be open beginning Thursday. The city council is split on the issue and Mayor Yarbrough agreeing the city beaches should open.

The first confirmed Covid19 case was a 46 days ago and the count is now over 500 in Galveston county. I believe a spike will follow shortly after that and only make things worse for that particular area. Things aren’t so good in that area and giving them a shot of fast cash could do more harm than good.

My long time friend called and was relaying a story of his racetrack buddy who caught the virus and died within 80 hours and his family has tested positive. He’s against the open beaches and he isn’t alone.

Abbott is playing a crap game, he’s got a dime on the pass line, taking his odds on a point of eight, got his hard way covered and two grand in the field. And the dice are on the way....stand by ...the answer is coming.
Liberals will squeel with glee. Originally Posted by Ducbutter

if you say so
Patton would be ashamed of us. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Patton would be ashamed that so many got "tired" of social distancing, and acted like they were infringed upon. we went through NOTHING compared to the War Years.

They're recovered over 6000pts from where they were a few weeks ago. While I'd agree they are not fully or perm...never mind, welcome to ignore. Originally Posted by gnadfly
ignore? damn, I only have Peggy Sue on ignore, and even with her, I cheat once in a while

his statement was so benign, why ignore him?

I agree with your initial post, and I think we should have emphasized the Nursing Home threat much earlier.. we could have "opened up" a lot earlier if we had.

edit: I lied, unintentionally.. I also have winn dixie on ignore, I just saw his post.. he was banned for so long, I forgot he ever existed
Patton would be ashamed that so many got "tired" of social distancing, and acted like they were infringed upon. we went through NOTHING compared to the War Years.

ignore? damn, I only have Peggy Sue on ignore, and even with her, I cheat once in a while

his statement was so benign, why ignore him?

I agree with your initial post, and I think we should have emphasized the Nursing Home threat much earlier.. we could have "opened up" a lot earlier if we had.

edit: I lied, unintentionally.. I also have winn dixie on ignore, I just saw his post.. he was banned for so long, I forgot he ever existed Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I knew i had a perm. spot in your head. I would not have posted my name!
Can’t speak to other states, but in Texas I think Abbott is making a mistake opening up the Texas beaches.

I understand Frettia who sat on Abbott’s planning board is claiming Galveston beaches will be open beginning Thursday. The city council is split on the issue and Mayor Yarbrough agreeing the city beaches should open.

The first confirmed Covid19 case was a 46 days ago and the count is now over 500 in Galveston county. I believe a spike will follow shortly after that and only make things worse for that particular area. Things aren’t so good in that area and giving them a shot of fast cash could do more harm than good.

My long time friend called and was relaying a story of his racetrack buddy who caught the virus and died within 80 hours and his family has tested positive. He’s against the open beaches and he isn’t alone.

Abbott is playing a crap game, he’s got a dime on the pass line, taking his odds on a point of eight, got his hard way covered and two grand in the field. And the dice are on the way....stand by ...the answer is coming. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
I do not think that many documented cases of coronavirus transmission have occurred on beaches. If pretty and skinny girls are wearing thongs on the beaches, I volunteer to investigate on behalf of COVID-19 research.