Interesting AA perspective on 2014 elections.

Perhaps there is "hope" for "change".

From Chicago, no less...

Spread the word.
Don't get your hopes up. The empty promises of The Demagogue seem to the the over riding factor in any senario where Blacks are concerned.

You have now had three to four generations that have looked for the empty promise of Lyndon Johnson to be fulfilled, ie, his "Great Society". The only "promise" that LBJ made that seems to have stood the test of time is the one where he said, "we will have those n...... Voting Democrat for the next hundred years".

We had an interesting little case down here in Waller County, Texas, just north west of Harris County. It is the home of Prairie View A&M College, a predominate black university.

It seems that the Black Polititians demanded that Students be allowed to vote in Waller, rather than their Home Counties. It happenned, and all of the Black Students voted for Black Candidates.

Two years later, several county officials and candidates who were voted in were under investigation for public corruption.

Classic.
Malcolm X said it better:

How about MLK?
"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

“I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."

Booker T. Washington My Larger Education Ch V.

How about MLK? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What about him?
What about him? Originally Posted by LexusLover

It seems he made a speech about judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. Many of us are old enough to remember.

That idea is lost on today's poverty pimps and Democrat officials masquerading as "leaders", who seem to think just the opposite.
There are so many threads around here that have no topic sentence or obvious point to them
the 1st post in this thread thinks I have time to just watch a video? HAHAHA
some of you have the time, or want to watch a video, sheesh, just write out your point.
Many of us are old enough to remember. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I saw a sign once on the back of a vehicle flying by me on the freeway that might fit MLK .... it read:

"Jesus is coming back and he is pissed."

I'm old enough to remember seeing and listening to him speak.

IMO he was a good man, and should be respected, even if he was not then.