Masks Offer More Protection than a Vaccine

So the CDC guy said that masks offer more protection than a vaccine. T R U M P was called out for contradicting the CDC guy, but didn't the CDC guy contradict himself? First, masks were not necessary and may do more harm than good. Then, masks were to help prevent asymptomatic people from spreading the virus. Now, masks offer more protection from contracting the virus than a vaccine?
  • oeb11
  • 09-17-2020, 05:49 PM
SM - without a reference for the quote - your post has no credibility.

I am aware of no comparative studies on efficacy of masks v vaccines ( which are not clinically available) as to protection of others from infection.
He is saying that a mask provides an individual with more protection than a vaccine would against the virus. Doesn't this totally contradict what they were saying a few months ago? I like how he is holding a surgeons mask, which we were all told was useless against protecting anyone from the virus.

• oeb11
  • 09-18-2020, 08:34 AM
it is an opinion - and no scientific studies behind it.

IMHO- at best - masks slow the progression of wuhan virus through the population.

Eventually - naturally occurring herd immunity will be reached.

Vaccines - offer acquired immunity - if an effective and safe vaccine can be developed in a reasonable time period
Which - before wuhan virus reaches herd immunity levels.
He didn't present it as an opinion. He is the director of the CDC and presented it as scientific fact, even though they were saying something completely different 3 months ago, and something entirely different 6 months ago.
  • oeb11
  • 09-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Take what he says as you will.

those who get their science from youboob deserve what they get.

CDC director or no I stand on my post above.
I'm not a clinician but at this point the best vaccine appears to be in reasonable health and not old.

My son has to wear a mask all day. He hates it and my guess is it will eventually hurt his health or his classmates.
I have a hard time believing that a mask and a prayer somehow is better than an effective vaccine....at least not in the way I'm thinking about vaccines...if we relied on masks to hide from polio how would we be doing now?
The CDC seems to a complete mess. How many times are they going to contradict themselves? They just did again, today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/

Like wtf? We are suppose to believe these people? They retract their claims on a monthly basis. They're also SJW nut jobs.

Fuck these people.
  • oeb11
  • 09-18-2020, 01:57 PM
I'm not a clinician but at this point the best vaccine appears to be in reasonable health and not old.

My son has to wear a mask all day. He hates it and my guess is it will eventually hurt his health or his classmates. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Masks are inconvenient and uncomfortable - but no good evidence exists that they are detrimental to normal , healthy people.

Not even those affected by racist marxist delusion . unfortunately.
I have a hard time believing that a mask and a prayer somehow is better than an effective vaccine....at least not in the way I'm thinking about vaccines...if we relied on masks to hide from polio how would we be doing now? Originally Posted by sexykarma
Ask yourself what the actual cause of Polio was? Then you might have a better understanding of why it may no longer pose a threat in the United states. But I agree, I wouldn't rely solely on a mask for protection from a virus infection.
  • oeb11
  • 09-18-2020, 03:32 PM
I have a hard time believing that a mask and a prayer somehow is better than an effective vaccine....at least not in the way I'm thinking about vaccines...if we relied on masks to hide from polio how would we be doing now? Originally Posted by sexykarma

A great number of Americans would be in wheelchairs, or dead.
Even the CDC are now down playing the importance of a vaccine.

At one point, people were talking about how only a vaccine could save us. Now, people are all of a sudden anti-vaccine activists.
Only a doofus fails to recognize that these agencies are being manipulated by Twitler, with the express plan to sow chaos and co fusion among the deplorables.

So, whether we’re talking doofus or deplorable, The Turd Reich has a message for you.

Don’t believe anything you see or hear.

Twitler doesn’t, why should you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH
  • oeb11
  • 09-19-2020, 10:10 AM
hh/YR is on Ignore!!!!!!!
My - that certainly cleaned up the Forum!