Why Do You Hate Hearing the Truth?

As usual, Orwell has the answer.

This an old clip . George Orwell had some good insight.

http://youtu.be/JXm5hklbBsA
  • WTF
  • 03-11-2013, 08:27 AM
The truth is different depending on the angle.

That is why COG, tries to get in power the people that see the truth the exact same way he does and Whirly tries to do the same as do I....yet we all see different truths.

The world is not black and white and some like to pretend.
The truth is different depending on the angle.

That is why COG, tries to get in power the people that see the truth the exact same way he does and Whirly tries to do the same as do I....yet we all see different truths.

The world is not black and white and some like to pretend. Originally Posted by WTF
All the more reason that free speech is needed, as well as a free press.
  • WTF
  • 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM
All the more reason that free speech is needed, as well as a free press. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Are you really free JL? For instance, do you think you would be Jewish say had you been adopted at birth by Baptists. We get indoctrined from an early age by religion or lack of religion, is that really free? Just sounds like random nonsense that we then fight over as 'truths'.
Are you really free JL? For instance, do you think you would be Jewish say had you been adopted at birth by Baptists. We get indoctrined from an early age by religion or lack of religion, is that really free? Just sounds like random nonsense that we then fight over as 'truths'. Originally Posted by WTF
Fuck no I don't think I'm free - I live in the United States!
I'm nevertheless grateful for a free press and relatively free speech.
Ironically, pointing to your comment, the Son of Sam, a certain Mr Berkowitz, was born to a Jewish mother and Catholic father and adopted by Jewish parents. He has now chosen Christianity in the big house.
However, I could never bear to disappoint my parents by changing my religion, no matter how obviously compromised it appears to be based upon my consorting with prostitutes.
  • WTF
  • 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Do you think your view of freedom is shaped by your parents? Parents you are not free to choose.
Fuck man, if parents didn't have influence over their children the mormons wouldn't have so many, would they?
  • CJ7
  • 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
the truth huh COF?

since when are your conspiracy theories "true"
You knew this was coming....

You can't handle the truth wimpy liberal!
  • CJ7
  • 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM

You can't handle the truth wimpy liberal! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

form one of the leading conspiracy kings on the board ...

yaaaaawn

nice tiera JD.
I find there to be not a small amount of irony that members on a board dedicated to a covert, criminal activity that typically involves lies and betrayal of one of our society's most sacred vows (marriage) are preaching the sanctity of the truth.
  • CJ7
  • 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
that, and the sheer # of hypocrites who demand legal justice.
  • WTF
  • 03-11-2013, 04:17 PM

You can't handle the truth wimpy liberal! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Funny how you flip flop. Truth is, tasked with keeping the public safe is not a pretty job. When Obama says he might use drones to do so....you piss your panties.

What we have is a flip flopping public. Do you want safety or freedom, the age old question. Displayed rather one sided in this movie IMHO. I prefer more freedom but understand that is a personal choice. What I hate is you flip floppers.

Been gone for a few days but nothing has changed. Stupid, useless remarks from Whatzup, deflections from Timmy, and a few gay remarks thrown in for good measure.

The only two things worth responding to are WTF: he was called Underdog (your little theme)

Timmy; no one is talking about a terrorist ATTACK. If you had listened to the debate or read about it from a neutral source it is about an alleged terrorist planning, supplying, or otherwise supporting a FUTURE terrorist attack in public and being killed on orders from the White House. That killing could be by drone, manned plane, or elite commandos. It would be a killing without due process of an American on American soil by the wishes of one man without appeal. It has nothing to do with an attack. Now, if your hypothetical attack did occur then all bets are off. I like to think that both law enforcement and civilians will rally to the defense of the country.

Conclusion: This is not about an attack but the preplanning which could be taken care of in a more efficient and safe manner through regular means. (Don't let the ATF be involved, they screwed up WACO big time)*

*Not that I agree with what they did at WACO but their tactics and preparation sucked. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn