Congratulations Amy Coney Barrett

Thank You President Trump for the awesome nomination decision to put Amy Coney Barrett on the Supreme Court!
She has great credentials and clerked for Scalia. Her personal life is exemplary. Mother of seven kids, Two of which are black.
Now lets jam the confirmation down the libs. throats!
Love that the announcement came before ruthie has been planted! A big FUCK YOU to pelosi and schummer and the rest of the lefties!
  • oeb11
  • 09-26-2020, 04:42 PM
Amen - WD!
November is coming.
Trump said the she has enormous intellect and carrot
November is coming. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yep! canadjuns should be expecting a bunch of cry baby lefties moving to canadja day after election day
Hearings begin in Senate Oct. 12th.
Cant come soon enough!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...j72?li=BBnb7Kz
And then what? You’ll be able to abandon Trump and rejoin the human race?
Thank You President Trump for the awesome nomination decision to put Amy Coney Barrett on the Supreme Court!
She has great credentials and clerked for Scalia. Her personal life is exemplary. Mother of seven kids, Two of which are black.
Now lets jam the confirmation down the libs. throats!
Love that the announcement came before ruthie has been planted! A big FUCK YOU to pelosi and schummer and the rest of the lefties! Originally Posted by winn dixie

the left is already braying like jackasses over this woman's Catholic faith and spreading donkey shit their precious Roe v Wade is in jeopardy when the one thing that makes this woman a strong pick is she's on record she believes in the precedents set by prior decisions. she's a good pick simply because of that rather than some judge left or right that would legislate from the bench

especially the supreme court bench
She’s hot AF.
November is coming. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRPPPPP!!!!!

yes indeed.... most sensible word out of ya.
She’s hot AF. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
oh I don't know. she's 47. she's not bad looking. easy on the eyes tho unlike Ginsberg.

RBG looks like someone butchered her looks and tossed whats left over into the garbage can.

she has this weird protrusions that sticks out of her jaw.

a woman that looks like that, its a wonder that she lands a man to get married.
RBG was attractive when she was young. Aging and lots of cancer treatments really jacks with your bone structure.

I personally think Barrett was the best out of what could have been chosen. Her decisions at the appellate level don't give any signs of her being off balance.. and she has said numerous times that landmark decisions are not going anywhere and shouldn't go anywhere.
  • oeb11
  • 09-27-2020, 08:26 AM
Grace - Agreed

I feel you are correct as above!
RBG was attractive when she was young. Aging and lots of cancer treatments really jacks with your bone structure.

I personally think Barrett was the best out of what could have been chosen. Her decisions at the appellate level don't give any signs of her being off balance.. and she has said numerous times that landmark decisions are not going anywhere and shouldn't go anywhere. Originally Posted by Grace Preston

SC decisions have been reversed over 200 times.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/polit...rnd/index.html

Weren't Plessey V Ferguson and Dredd Scott "landmark decisions"? Sometimes a previous decision was just flat out wrong. Sometimes a SC judge must read the Constitution or statue and decide one thing and one thing only, is what you want, clearly written in the law. If it isn't, it isn't Constitutional and it is up to the Congress, the Legislative branch to fix it.

Abortion is not written in the Constitution ( that I'm aware of, correct me if I'm wrong ) and to accept that it falls under the "right to privacy" words also not written in the Constitution, makes it a bad decision.

https://www.aclu.org/other/students-...20this%20right.

The right to privacy is not mentioned in the Constitution, but the Supreme Court has said that several of the amendments create this right.

If Roe V Wade is overturned as Constitutional law, it doesn't mean that each state can't make it's own decision and if 37 ( or is it 38 ) states agree that it should be legal, we can then have a Constitutional amendment saying so.

That's how it supposed to be done.

I happen to believe that Roe V Wade is a good compromise between two competing opinions but it should be left up to the States to decide this since it isn't written in the Constitution.
SC decisions have been reversed over 200 times.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/polit...rnd/index.html

Weren't Plessey V Ferguson and Dredd Scott "landmark decisions"? Sometimes a previous decision was just flat out wrong. Sometimes a SC judge must read the Constitution or statue and decide one thing and one thing only, is what you want, clearly written in the law. If it isn't, it isn't Constitutional and it is up to the Congress, the Legislative branch to fix it.

Abortion is not written in the Constitution ( that I'm aware of, correct me if I'm wrong ) and to accept that it falls under the "right to privacy" words also not written in the Constitution, makes it a bad decision.

https://www.aclu.org/other/students-...20this%20right.

The right to privacy is not mentioned in the Constitution, but the Supreme Court has said that several of the amendments create this right.

If Roe V Wade is overturned as Constitutional law, it doesn't mean that each state can't make it's own decision and if 37 ( or is it 38 ) states agree that it should be legal, we can then have a Constitutional amendment saying so.

That's how it supposed to be done.

I happen to believe that Roe V Wade is a good compromise between two competing opinions but it should be left up to the States to decide this since it isn't written in the Constitution. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
good compromise???

idts... the compromise was rather flimsy.