My phone at work taunts me every day ...

As if the hobby weren't on my mind enough, every time the phone rings, I get to see this!

And to add to the insult, the next button down is for the extension of a woman whose name is the same as the RW name of someone whose company I greatly enjoyed.
Attached Images File Type: jpg ECCIEPhone.jpg (13.7 KB, 463 views)
Does the L3 one ever rings?
You need professional help.

Torito
don't go to work then ..
Now that's hilarious!!!
That is great
In my past job, my boss frequently asked me to take care of all the CIM... (Customer Impact Messages). He wasn't one to hobby and probably always wondered why I smirked every time he asked me if I had taken care of the CIM...
In my past job, my boss frequently asked me to take care of all the CIM... (Customer Impact Messages). He wasn't one to hobby and probably always wondered why I smirked every time he asked me if I had taken care of the CIM... Originally Posted by Permission Granted
That is brilliant and hilarious. In certain contexts, I probably wouldn't be able to contain myself if my boss said that to me!
Imagine mortgage underwriters, originators, etc who has to talk about good faith estimates (GFE's) all day.

I've had my CIM moments studying Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
In the Health Industry where I spent a lot of my IT career - "Provider" is the term for Doctors, Hospitals etc. and used CONSTANTLY.

"We need a list of Bay Area providers"
"Can you verify these providers?"
etc

In the Dallas area, there are a chain of facilities with the initials PSE, one of which I have to drive by on my way the HoTown.
That is brilliant and hilarious. In certain contexts, I probably wouldn't be able to contain myself if my boss said that to me! Originally Posted by Zoey Night
Or make a witty reply he would have never gotten in Permission Granted's example, only hobby folks would get. That would be me. "Yes sir. On top of it. Oh, I will give Ms. Stephanie great CIM, she will be speechless."

My experience was somewhat similar, I had one week where people call me, either for sales quotes or such. Several instances the gal name was that provider's name so I kept be reminding of her which made me want to see her again and again.
I used to work at a place with some major hot admins. Every now and then they'd want you to fill out a form or some other such thing and then ask you to "reply by COB". I would then imagine walking in to her office and pumping a nut on her tits.
In the Health Industry where I spent a lot of my IT career - "Provider" is the term for Doctors, Hospitals etc. and used CONSTANTLY.

"We need a list of Bay Area providers"
"Can you verify these providers?"
etc

In the Dallas area, there are a chain of facilities with the initials PSE, one of which I have to drive by on my way the HoTown. Originally Posted by mtabsw
A week or so back when DP was being discussed here I was pulled into a project to compile an assessment of DP providers and facilities. "we need to know everything about DP. The before, transition to, after, and satisfaction levels post DP"...the entire time I'm biting my tounge to keep from laughing.
Discharge Planning.
The initials on my sons old baseball team was BG. I used to have a rear window sticker for his team and it was only the 2 letters BG but it looked like B&G.

Not sure how many socials in San Antonio where fellow Hobbiests and Providers would comment on that window sticker and ask me if it was because I seek out B&Gs.
Imagine mortgage underwriters, originators, etc who has to talk about good faith estimates (GFE's) all day.

I've had my CIM moments studying Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
Haha... this. I used to work for a title company. GFE's all day long.