Wisconsin Union Zombie Demonstration

Just passing along a little news that didn't make Drudge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rELOrikyAE4

Union thugs?!?! What union?

Those were students dressed up as zombies, not 'union thugs'. That fat guy with the prison pussy goatee in your video is a liar.

I bet you don't even know what the students were protesting. Nope. You just like listening to the angry fat white man that wants to be the next Rush Limbaugh yell about 'union thugs', zombies, and Special Olympians.

Did you watch that in your house that was build with all kinds of union labor or in your union built truck? How do you think the computer that you're using got there? Union operated trucks, trains, ships, and planes. I hope you have balls to put an "I hate union thugs" bumper sticker on your vehicle so those proud union men and women can give you the service that you deserve.
I've always made a distinction between private sector unions and public sector unions. These were public sector union members. And even if they weren't. they are classless.

I was waiting for you to post something. Thanks!

You know, I think most of the stuff I use would get to me regardless of union transport or not. Would probably be less expensive too.
I've always made a distinction between private sector unions and public sector unions. These were public sector union members. And even if they weren't. they are classless.

I was waiting for you to post something. Thanks!

You know, I think most of the stuff I use would get to me regardless of union transport or not. Would probably be less expensive too. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Most likely it would, considering that 93% of all private sector workers are non-union.
And I'm pretty sure my car was built in South Carolina, where Boeing wanted to open a plant, but was denied by NLRB. So not much union in it either. And I know my computer was made in China. China, I believe, is a worker's paradise.
I've always made a distinction between private sector unions and public sector unions. These were public sector union members. And even if they weren't. they are classless. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What union? I'm waiting.

>>my face when you think there are classy zombies
Kind of reminds me of the Kanye moment when Taylor Swift won her award. These guys choose this moment to ruin it for the special Olympics athletes. They may have a case but this is not the way to do it. Ruin it for other people. What a way to protest. Don't know who this guy Katz is but hope he doesn't hyperventilate too much.
Hmmm . . . Classy zombies. I will look into that for you Longer. I think I will start in Rep. Weiner's district.
cog I always enjoy reading your post but people have rights to join unions and have a voice in there workplace. unions are not always thugs they are working class people too. if your happy with things made by people who makes very low wages then thats your right but im happy to use my money where it helps the united states citizens make a decent living. have a great day and maybe we can have coffee sometime and chat about what we do have in common here. I travel to ict regularly and like the ict citizens very much. wildbill
Thanks, WildBill, I would enjoy that. I don't think I ever said private sector unions shouldn't exist, I even tried to organize for the UFCW at one point. As far as public unions are concerned, they need to respect the will of the people as represented by elected officials. Sure, they have a right to exist, but the people have the right to determine their parameters.
As far as public unions are concerned, they need to respect the will of the people as represented by elected officials. Sure, they have a right to exist, but the people have the right to determine their parameters. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Who are these public unions? Police? Firefighters? Teachers?

Are they people? Yes. They're even American citizens. So in effect, they are part owners of the very government that is on the other side of the bargaining table. They've got TWICE as much "skin in the game" as the average citizen.

These public union members are pretty much all workers. Nearly 100% of them are employed. They are working folk and work for a living. Real Americans, in other words. As employed citizens, all of them they pay taxes. They also pay union dues and participate in their own democratic organization, a union. That union provides the service of collective bargaining for the dues paid (just like a business).

The state bargains with the union to come to an agreement. Both parties agree to the agreement...by definition. This system works and all the checks and balances are I place.

Now let's consider the gaze of a greedy eye being cast on all of that tax money flowing back and forth between citizens. How do they GET SOME? First, they create a crisis. We're broke and the sky is falling! We need to do drastic steps or else our children will be forced to become gay and have abortions! (don't ask me how this works). Next, they provide the solution. Voila! (and notice how they only provide the solution when they are strongly in control of the government, usually right after a landslide election). They demonize the teachers, firefighters, police, and other public unions and call them UNION THUGS or UNION BOSSES. None of this is true, of course.

Their goal is to abolish all unions, starting with public sector ones. Divide and conquer. The public knows that teachers, firefighters, and police will LOSE but think (wrongly) that they will WIN. Instead, that money goes to cronies of the Republicans pushing the legislation. Everything that can be privatized is. They'd sell off your schools, prisons, police stations, and firehouses if they could get away with it. Is that bad? Yes. Imagine sending your kids to school that is owned and operated by they same company that you work for. Or, if you happen to work for a good one now...substitute ALL of the companies on your résumé. Scary, huh? Now have those fools in charge of keeping you safe from fire and criminals.

The "parameters" have already been determined. And agreed to. Over and over again. It is the Republicans that pushing to alter these public parameters for private profit. In the short term, they want to make a system where teachers, etc. are ON THEIR OWN as individuals to bargain with a STATE GOVERNMENT. The only more lopsided scenario is an individual dealing with the federal government.
Hmmm . . . Government provides better services because of unions. It's amazing that many states don't allow public sector unions, I wonder how they survive? You want your firefighters or police to go on strike? Or teachers? And as far as sending my kids to a private school - in a heartbeat.
Oh, dear. Even the court doesn't understand how important unions are.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...123859034.html
Personally I have worked jobs that had union representation and jobs that didn't. They jobs that didn't they tried to work you to death with little regard for safety. I have worked union jobs where the unions wouldn't let me work to my fullest potential. IMHO unions are fine as long as they don't hinder the company/government from making or saving money too much that is. Now in Wisconsin I'm all good with the government asking the union members to pony up more for their retirement and medical. But what I'm not real keen on is the government telling them they cant have collectively bargain. Or saying police can have bargaining rights but no one else.Now new hire police wont have "rights",