Help with car

Does anyone know of any dealerships that work with first time car buyers with no credit?
Crain hyundai talk to David Mitchell
Not car related but if you have no credit at all, you really need to think about buying some small things on credit to build it up. I didn't have a credit card of my own until after college which really made things difficult on me with bigger purchases. Keep in mind you'll run into some instances where you may have to provide proof of income (pay stubs) which I'm assuming would be difficult :|
Not car related but if you have no credit at all, you really need to think about buying some small things on credit to build it up. I didn't have a credit card of my own until after college which really made things difficult on me with bigger purchases. Keep in mind you'll run into some instances where you may have to provide proof of income (pay stubs) which I'm assuming would be difficult :| Originally Posted by RJinLR
I have to get a car first before I can get my waitressing job back. I guess my best bet is to buy a really cheap car
You can try Carmart but the quality of the cars is questionable.
Id say your best bet is to be patient and find a good car on craiglist and try to buy it cash. All dealers will show you what GREEK really feels like. I would also recommend using NADA.com to find out if the price is right on a vehicle.
I would suggest you stay away from JD Biryder. Their sales methods are designed to rip off low-income/low-credit customers. You never find out the actual price of the car; you are given a "payment" based on their analysis of your income. Then they tell you what vehicle you qualify for. But with a little financial math you find out that you're paying 50% too much for the car. You'll be upside down for a couple of years, paying way too much.

In addition, their "warranty" is only good at their own shop. There have been a lot of complaints of poor quality repairs, inferior parts, or general refusing to honor the warranty.
Thanks for the help (:
There's a good app out there called CF Tools that helps you play with numbers to get the car payment you want (so you know what you need on trade, length of loan, interest rate).
There's a good app out there called CF Tools that helps you play with numbers to get the car payment you want (so you know what you need on trade, length of loan, interest rate). Originally Posted by RJinLR
Oh thank you!
Iridemhard has a very good point. Paying cash for a car on Craigslist is the best alternative to dealing with dealerships trying to rip you off with paying way more for a car than it's worth.
Best thing to do is to buy something reasonable now that will serve you temporarily, point A to point B...

Then start saving half of everything you make afterwards, for the car that you really want. It will add up a lot faster than you think. Curb unnecessary spending. My dad always told me that the little things will keep you from the big things... He was right.
Ginger has some good advice. I bought a car at a " Buy here pay here " lot two years ago. I paid 5500.00 on the car paid 1,000 down and payments . They sold my loan to a Finance company that reports to credit bureau which I thought was great. But.............. I have put a new engine in it, a new transmission not to mention all the 500 here and there. Please Please Please whatever car you buy have a trusted mechanic look at it and drive it.

Best of luck on finding your first set of wheels!!!!!!!
If you don't know anything about cars before you buy a used car ask around about a good mechanic and give them a call and introduce yourself. It is not a good time to try and find a mechanic when your car is broken down. Having a good relationship with a shade tree mechanic is worth more than you will ever know until you need them. One of those good old boys will do thing for you that shop would never do and when they would never do it and at a better price.
2500.cash will get you decent transportation from an individual.