Getting high.....How high is too high in Dallas

I was driving to Denton. I merged on 35E from 121...

At the peak of the overpass I looked down and saw birds flying below me.

We need more parachutes in cars not seat belts.

Edit to add: No wonder http://www.star-telegram.com/news/tr...122735029.html
I was on that Freeway this morning.. fucking mess. I plan to avoid that area for 3 months, hope it has improved by then.
  • motor
  • 06-15-2017, 06:09 PM
have you been past the "improvements" to 35E & 30 at downtown? I think they grab a bunch of straws and throw them on the ground to get the plans for the highway
  • grean
  • 06-16-2017, 07:08 AM
I love that the toll rolls are up and running while the rest of 35 has completely gone to hell. Who ever approved that should be taken out back.
The way I see it ( I'm not the smartest but) the roads ice over very fast the higher they are and Tdot can't keep up so ???????? why
It's not Tdot. It's a foreign company that made some texas politicians very rich that are in charge of, and making money, with the express (not toll) lanes. They are express lanes that you have to pay to use but don't call it a toll lol
It's not Tdot. It's a foreign company that made some texas politicians very rich that are in charge of, and making money, with the express (not toll) lanes. They are express lanes that you have to pay to use but don't call it a toll lol Originally Posted by Tsmokies

We talkin' about Cintra (of Spain)? The further "Fleecing of the American Consumer" by those in charge......

New taxes on driving
And tax increases they are.
The toll rate is no longer determined by the actual cost of building the road, but on how much the government and its private partner can extort from the traveling public to escape the pain of congestion. It’s runaway taxation run amok. The ‘user fee’ model is no more. Government has figured out how to make money from our public roads, and they’ve changed the laws to do it. Federal and state lawmakers put this freedom-robbing system in place without a public vote and next to no public input (outside very poorly attended public meetings where they never used the term ‘toll’ nor informed the public it would be privately operated).
Yup^^^^^^ or may be its morons like dallas city hall that spends 4 million on the water thing ( that the Feds say has to go for another 2 million)
This dam congestion is annoying. I'm ready for a 20 lane express way from south 75 to McKinney.
I thought you were talking about the grass.