Reporter: DId Colonial Pay A Ransom? Biden: No Comment.

CNBC host Wapner says there's a report that a $5MM ransom was paid.

Biden said Putin didn't have anything to do with it. It just happened the ransomware terrorists are in Russia. Remember the often repeated line by the Dims: "Nothing happens in Russia without Putin's approval?" We heard that for years when Trump was in office.

At least Obama told Putin to "cut that out."

Another reporter asked if there would be retaliation against these terrorists. Joe simply said "no."

We're are in trouble.
Its possible they Pudeens/Hoes don't want to look bad , or worse then they already appear
A fine topic for a discussion. But no one has a solution to cyber terrorism. What do you want him to say ? That we solved everything ? Do you have a suggestion for a solution to cyber terrorism ?
That's a given. Did Colonial or the US govt pay the ransom? Did Hunter Biden sniff the IP Packets until he recognized their origin, then call his buds to tell them to "be cool, man?"

But seriously, Joe said the FBI and other govt agencies were brought to assist Colonial. Apparently they accomplished nothing. The govts track record on this is horrendous. I'm all for companies and municipalities IT taking necessary precaution to protect themselves.

But any IT pro knows that all systems are fallible. They have patch coming out nearly daily to fix vulnerabilities. When did the Russians get a pass now that Biden is in office?

Somebody said yesterday that we need a "cyberspace force" worse than we need a "space force." The US probably has one but its turned its attention on spying on its citizenry.

Again, the US govt has failed in its primarily mission to protect its people. Wait until some of these electric grids go down.
What was Hunters cut?
Dollars or grams or pussy? Probably all three.
Oh guys, this is way better than you think...

So first - Colonial paid the ransom, not the US Gov.

However, Colonial probably got most or all of it covered under their Cybe Insurance.

Second - Once they got the tool, they realized the decryption was so slow, or so many files were encrypted, that they're just using their backup instead of decrypting. In short - they paid $5M for NOTHING.

Third - found this while I was dragging the waters for info. I can't confirm it's true, but I want to believe it is. You see a lot of hilarious shit like this in this industry:

Didn’t they pay in Bitcoin? They can’t buy a Tesla with it anymore!!!!
That proves the hackers are intelligent
It wasn't in Bitcoin. It was a lesser known crypto currency. I forgot which one. I kind of think this is staged. They're trying to find a way to social engineer the population to consent to destroying crypto currency. A few cases like this may be a way to persuade the idiot population.
Oh guys, this is way better than you think...

So first - Colonial paid the ransom, not the US Gov.

However, Colonial probably got most or all of it covered under their Cybe Insurance.

Second - Once they got the tool, they realized the decryption was so slow, or so many files were encrypted, that they're just using their backup instead of decrypting. In short - they paid $5M for NOTHING.

Third - found this while I was dragging the waters for info. I can't confirm it's true, but I want to believe it is. You see a lot of hilarious shit like this in this industry:

Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Who knows what's really true. Here's what I believe is true: Biden stood before the American people and said the FBI and several other govt agencies were brought to bear and they were essentially powerless. Who's going to invite the FBI into their place of business? The DNC supposedly couldn't stop a hacking at their headquarters AND THEY WERE WARNED!

Here's something else to ponder. Remember those San Bernidino terrorists who killed a lot of people a few years ago? They left an iPhone around. The FBI couldn't crack it. Apple wouldn't help even defying a court order. The FBI tried several other experts. Even their vaunted "Crowdstrike." Eventually some guys in Australia figured it out. US govt paid them $900K US.

In other words, the FBI is at best, barely competent.

Oh, and the whatever crypto currency they were paid in, they took it to some outfit (forgot who) to have it washed.

There's gotta be a trail. Our FBI can't figure it out. I don't think the FBI can figure it out but is waiting for the right opportunity. They simply can't figure it out.
Who knows what's really true. Originally Posted by gnadfly

New Rule: Every post must start this way!

The FBI lies, though
And I also don't want the modern Chinese system where the jackboots have a backdoor into everything.
New Rule: Every post must start this way!
Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I'm not egotistical enough to know everything IT. Should have caught me 40 years ago during the IBM S/360 days.

Or non-IT. Assume every post starts out this way. We are authentic eye witnesses to few consequential events directly . Did I witness it in realtime? No, Could have been shopped or staged. Or faked, like a lot of eccie reviews.