Can you imagine the effect on the economy if sex work were decriminalized?

Not just the legal ramifications, but the removal of at least some stigma. A lot of women who have been on the fence about the matter might decide to test the waters as a result.

"Amnesty International, a powerful coalition of over 7 million human rights advocates across the globe, moved to adopt a brand new policy on the buying and selling of sex Wednesday that is sure to cause ripple effects.

The organization has come out in support of the decriminalization of sex work and is urging governments to follow suit in order to protect people who have engaged in consensual sex transactions."

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...alize-sex-work
In western society I don't think sex work is going to be "widely acceptable" for some time. Prostitution has been legal in the UK for over a hundred years and there's still a bunch of women who wont go into it simply because they don't want to be found out by their family what they do.

Kinda strange considering younger generations have been brought in such sex positive ways. Listen to just about any rap song and it's about "fuckin bitches" and "getting money." Especially stuff by Juicy J who seems to make music almost entirely tailored for play in strip clubs, you'd think people brought up on that stuff would be more open to it but it doesn't seem that way.
  • DSK
  • 05-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Not just the legal ramifications, but the removal of at least some stigma. A lot of women who have been on the fence about the matter might decide to test the waters as a result.

"Amnesty International, a powerful coalition of over 7 million human rights advocates across the globe, moved to adopt a brand new policy on the buying and selling of sex Wednesday that is sure to cause ripple effects.

The organization has come out in support of the decriminalization of sex work and is urging governments to follow suit in order to protect people who have engaged in consensual sex transactions."

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...alize-sex-work Originally Posted by Bobave
Good for them - more freedom!
Depends on how it's handled. Simple decriminalization with no other government oversight would be ideal--a true free market. Since there's no such thing as a true free market anywhere this isn't likely to happen.

So we'd be stuck with some sort of regulated system. The Nevada brothels are a version of this--completely safe, but also a "clinical" in my experience. The pot legalization experiments going on in CO OR WA give some idea of how it could be implemented, with the primary goal to drive tax revenue to government.
I do not foresee a partial legalization making any real difference. What woman is going to want to register herself as a prostitute (knowing that lists are certain to be made public sooner or later), submit to frequent testing (at her own expense) and regulation, and pay taxes - knowing that the police, the neighbors, the church fanatics, and the jealous wives are still going to harass her with all their energy, provided any loophole exists for them to do so?
Don't let them know about this underground economy! The govies are always looking for new tax revenue! Just look at the states legalizing pot after Colorado has more money than they know what to do with it.

But, our victorian society will never accept it the way they do in Europe. Such a shame, would be good to take some of the hiding in shadows out of it.
Student loans for women would decline.
I do not foresee a partial legalization making any real difference. What woman is going to want to register herself as a prostitute (knowing that lists are certain to be made public sooner or later), submit to frequent testing (at her own expense) and regulation, and pay taxes - knowing that the police, the neighbors, the church fanatics, and the jealous wives are still going to harass her with all their energy, provided any loophole exists for them to do so? Originally Posted by Buying a *Way to Heaven
that won't be an issue.

prostitution is legal in germany and the Netherlands. they do not have those things mentioned except for the registration part which is not made public.

its legal in Nevada except in Las Vegas.
that won't be an issue.

prostitution is legal in germany and the Netherlands. they do not have those things mentioned except for the registration part which is not made public.

its legal in Nevada except in Las Vegas. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Germany and the Netherlands have noticeably lower densities of religious fanatics than the U.S., and cultures which respect privacy. As I believe was already pointed out, mere laws do not of themselves reform culture. Nevada is not exactly a shining example of the benefits of severely limited legalization. 99% of the business is still conducted illegally, and the few legal brothels are frequently under attack.

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...alize-sex-work Originally Posted by Bobave
lmao! Alot of women would test the waters and get out pretty quickly. This business is not for the faint of heart. It requires a lot of strength, fantastic marketing, selling and writing skills, ability to stand your ground, trusting your intuition, satisfying men emotionally (not just sexually), branding yourself and soooo many other assets. It is not enough to be sexy and beautiful. You need to be the complete package if you really want to succeed and make the high figures in this business. Those men want substance and not just beauty. They also want brains.

If you really want the more emotionally satisfying dates like dinner dates, it requires much more than just having a pussy and a mouth. Those types of high-quality wealthy men who are after dinner dates, weekend getaways, etc are not looking for a hooker but a companion and there is a big difference. Most of the clients I book want companionship and they are not looking for a hooker. This is why many ladies will market themselves as luxury high quality companions to attract the more discerning gentleman vs having an ad on backpage. Yes it is expensive to advertise on many high-quality sites, but you get what you pay for.

I had a client come over the other day and he booked a 2 hr session and we started out with champagne, caviar, cheese, etc and talked for an hr before moving on to anything else. Those are the dates I like. They are real dates and lead to a much more mutually satisfying visit. This is why I have removed the 1 hr visit from my menu. You cannot have a good connection in 1 hr and I have found the 1 hr guy is not interested in a connection anyway and I need that
that won't be an issue.

its legal in Nevada except in Las Vegas. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I think the case is the same for quite a bit of Australia too.
Just an FYI" Libertarian candidate for president, Gary Johnson has expressed public support for decriminalizing The Hobby.

With Hillery and Trump both dragging so much baggage, Johnson could get enough Electoral Collage votes to bring the election into the House of Representatives.

This could be the chance.
Just an FYI" Libertarian candidate for president, Gary Johnson has expressed public support for decriminalizing The Hobby.

With Hillery and Trump both dragging so much baggage, Johnson could get enough Electoral Collage votes to bring the election into the House of Representatives.

This could be the chance. Originally Posted by ICU 812
he's not the one regardless of his position on the hobby. I will not be voting for him.

hes in favor of using the power of the state to force christians to provide services to gay marriage couples.
hes in favor of using the power of the state to force christians to provide services to gay marriage couples. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I thought you Christians hated homos? Here's your chance to punish them for growing those gross sack-tickling moustaches: let them all get married. They'll do it to themselves and thank you all the way to divorce court. Some people don't know when they've got it good.
You cannot have a good connection in 1 hr and I have found the 1 hr guy is not interested in a connection anyway and I need that Originally Posted by stephania ricci
I generally agree. One hour dates have their place but do little to establish longer-term connections. That's a good word. Most gents aren't in this for relationships. Just to feel normal again. It requires a connection with someone who understands and is willing to talk about it.

Good post.