Advice for pretty girl?

• 04-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I traded numbers with a pretty girl at Whispers' Perfect 10 outing. Haven't seen her yet, but every once in a while, like this morning, she texts me.

Thing is, and this startled me a little, she doesn't know how to hit on a guy; too pretty to ever have to do it, I guess, but prettyness doesn't really work through SMS...

Hey. good n u. oh.

Flirting tips from the pretties?
Maybe a Rolex...
She should text you naked pictures.
Sophia, you should text me naked pictures...
Sophia, while your texting, send a few my way.
  • ztonk
  • 04-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Thing is, and this startled me a little, she doesn't know how to hit on a guy; too pretty to ever have to do it, I guess, but prettyness doesn't really work through SMS... Originally Posted by 78704
Most dancers live in the moment... they aren't into the whole flirting and delayed gratification thing. They spend most of their time deflecting advances from not-so-nice guys, so they don't have the practice of dealing with "nice guys".

My question to you: if you are interested in her, why haven't you been texting her? Visit her at the club while she's working, volunteering to stop in on a slow day or night... maybe make an offer to go for a coffee / lunch / dessert / mani-pedi.
Maybe a Rolex... Originally Posted by down41
  • 04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Most dancers live in the moment... they aren't into the whole flirting and delayed gratification thing. They spend most of their time deflecting advances from not-so-nice guys, so they don't have the practice of dealing with "nice guys".

My question to you: if you are interested in her, why haven't you been...? Originally Posted by ztonk
Big if. So far all I know about her is that she's pretty and open to P4P; this is not enough by itself to drag me 22 miles north. I'd be happy to chat with her via phone, SMS, email, whatever, but not if she just grunts at me.

Let me rephrase; I'd prefer more voluble discourse.
I like texting. It can be more straight to the point, younger women tend to text almost exclusively. However, it sounds like you need to have a conversation. If you are interested in P4P, I think you should probably be a man and take control of this situation. A simple text - I would like to see see you, can we talk on the phone - might get the job done. She is probably not going to spend a lot of effort chasing you or flirting with you. If she doesn't want to talk on the phone she is either out of minutes or with another guy. (more likely with another guy)

Dancers can be extremely flakey and day to day. She is broke or in a good mood or mad at her d-bag boyfriend one day, she is open to seeing you. Other days her d-bag or drug dealer or baby's daddy is back around and she wants nothing to do with you. When she texts it seems like an opening for you to make your case. Do not go the club expecting to play unless its something you do regularly (semi-regularly).
Big if. So far all I know about her is that she's pretty and open to P4P; this is not enough by itself to drag me 22 miles north. I'd be happy to chat with her via phone, SMS, email, whatever, but not if she just grunts at me.

Let me rephrase; I'd prefer more voluble discourse. Originally Posted by 78704
How do you know she's open to P4P? If there was any allusion to it, you don't have to bring it up. She knows what's up. Just text her something like "Hey, It was great seeing you the other night. We should hang out" She's a 22 year old dancer. She knows that when a guy wants to hang out he really is interested in fucking her.
Flirting via text messages is an emerging art form that few have yet learned to master.

The "grunts" you refer to are similar to a cat brushing up against your leg.

Consider it more of an overture than a "grunt".

Respond when she texts and soon you'll be talking to her live and then it's a hop, skip and a jump to arrange a date!

Let me rephrase; I'd prefer more voluble discourse. Originally Posted by 78704
Eh. If she's that young she probably isn't comfortable enough to put it out there in writing . At that age, I was super self conscious and the thought of typing something out that was dirty and sending it to them, in actual written words, would have probably terrified me because I wouldn't want to embarrass myself and say something stupid. Have you said anything flirty to her yet? Maybe she just needs a little coaxing but just try not to be too over-the-top at first it may freak her out.
  • Booth
  • 04-04-2010, 02:20 PM
My advice for pretty girl? Stay away from all of these guys!

• 04-04-2010, 03:04 PM
She called me. We said hi, chatted about Easter, church, laundry, game night....

This is clearly my fault; I don't know how to respond when a pretty girl leads; ah ha, *that* explains it.
  • 04-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Also too much recreational gunfire without ear protection since moving to Texas; quiet voices on cell phones are hard for me.