Another freaking virus. Snopes verified.

This is way faster than emailing. Y'all stay safe. Besides haven't we all Learned not to open crap like this anymore. Another good reason to use carbonite.com for backup.

Subject: Virus
> To:
> Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 8:58 PM
> READ IMMEDIATELY* * *
> * * * * * * *
> ***
>
> Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and
> so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from
> both Microsoft and Norton Please send it to everybody you
> know who has Access to the Internet. You may receive an
> apparently harmless e-mail titled “Here you have
> it”* If you open the file, a message will appear on
> your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no
> longer beautiful....'
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * *
> ***
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * *
> Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, and the
> person who sent it to you will gain access to your Name,
> e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to
> circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed
> the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable
> of destroying it.
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * *
> ***
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * * The virus
> has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.
>
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * *
> ***
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * * PLEASE SEND
> A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to
> PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * * THIS HAS
> BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES.*
> * * * * * * * *
> * * * * * * * http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/hereyouhave.asp
> <
>
>*
>
>
Thank you doll
I remove this stuff for a living. If you get infected, please feel free to PM me for assistance. I remove infections either for direct payment or barter.
Somewhat over-exaggerated. This virus was released into the wild in 2009, just about any Anti-Virus software that's worth a damn has the signatures to detect and delete it. As far as receiving it as an attachment in your Yahoo or Hotmail or Gmail account, those all scan attachments so you are not at risk. In the event you get it through a link...which IS possible. You will not lose everything. Everything may get infected but it can be cleaned and your stuff can be returned to you....but it will cost you money, unless you PM Bubba and get the ECCIE discount. The chances of you getting this virus through an email is extremely slim, from questionable website, possible...but still a slim chance. How do I know? I've had to do the security hardening on networks to prevent the spread of this little animal about a year and a half ago. Its official name is Virut/Sality.

If you're really concerned about a virus...this new one is a killer...

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you receive an email entitled "Badtimes, " delete
it immediately. Do not open it. Apparently this one is
pretty nasty. It will not only erase everything on
your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on
disks within 20 feet of your computer.

It demagnetizes the stripes on ALL of your credit
cards. It reprograms your ATM access code, immobilizes
up the tracking on your old VCR and uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any
CD's you attempt to play. It will reprogram your phone
auto dial to call only 900 numbers.

This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish tank.
It will drink ALL your beer. FOR GOD'S SAKE, ARE YOU
LISTENING? ! ! ! ! It will leave dirty underwear on
the coffee table when you are expecting company. It
will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with
Rogaine, all the while dating your current
boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing their
hotel rendezvous to your Visa card.

It will cause you to run with scissors and throw
things in a way that is only fun until someone loses
an eye. It will rewrite your backup files, changing
all your active verbs to passive tense and
incorporating undetectable misspellings which grossly
change the interpretations of key sentences.

If the "Badtimes" message is opened in a Windows XP
environment, it will leave the toilet seat up and
leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to
a full bathtub. It will not only remove the forbidden
tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also
refill your skim milk with whole milk.

**WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. **

And if you don't send this to 5000 people in 20
seconds you'll pass gas so hard that your right leg
will spasm, shoot straight out in front of
you, sending sparks, that will ignite onto the person
nearest you.

Send to everyone .....
In case you are a blonde, this is a joke.
Kaspersky will kick the shit out of any virus... Russians don't fuck around.
I've had that virus before. It's also called a boyfriend.
I heard that people with Mac computers don't get boyfriends... er viruses.... umm, actually? I was right the first time.

And the second time.
Yes, Macs get viruses, just not many mac viruses out there as they are such a small part of the market
I understand the logic behind that argument, but the facts and history say it's not true.

First of all, Apple's share of the market is not as small as most people think / quote. Usual method of coming up with the 3 -7% most often quoted is to count all devices running some form of Microsoft OS, and do the same for Apple. The problem with this is it includes such devices as ATM's, industrial assembly line equipment, game machines etc. These are markets Apple chooses not to compete in, and are markets not typically targeted by hackers. Looking at just PCs laptops and tablets, Apple's share is closer to 30% and climbing fast. Add phones and it's even higher.

Second, there used to be viruses for mac, back in the OS-9 days. Apple's share was much smaller then, yet viruses were written on a regular basis that attacked it. Ever since OSX was released, that has all but disappeared. Market share increases, yet the number of viruses drops to virtually none? The numbers contradict your theory. The number should go up with market share, not down.

Third, the only viruses in the wild for mac require the user to either install it their self, or to give admin privileges to the virus. Either way, the virus requires the admin password to be entered on every machine it wants to infect. A virus can not spread under those conditions, and therefore doesn't really meet the definition of a virus.

Last, the hacker world is largely ego driven. The first person to write a Mac virus that can survive and thrive in the wild will be bigger than Captain Crunch was in the 70's. You don't think they are trying?

Mac users still don't get boyfriends either.
PODarkness, based on browser stats and OS detection stats. I find it VERY hard to believe that Apple has anything over 15% of the market...and I'm allowing the additional percentage because i'm sure there are some Apple users that somehow started using the Firefox or Chrome browsers instead of the Apple advocated Safari Browser....even though OS detection stats are still holding pretty firm. These stats cover machines that access the web, which the vast majority of Apple devices do (including iPod's and iPhones, and iPad's)...so that shouldn't be an issue. You just have to realize that the rest of the world hasn't been sucked into the Apple fanatic modus like the U.S. has.

In terms of Viruses, there are few "viruses", but plenty of spyware for MacOS. Its easy to infect Mac users because they are used to having their device tell them what to do, so when a box pops up and says "Install me, you fool !"....they rarely second guess. I've had to cleanup 4 of these in the past month myself. Yes, its not a true virus, its only a credit card scam but still...Mac's get it.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
i cut the microsoft cord a while back, and only use linux...specifically ubuntu 11.04 the latest release. it is much more secure, and i am not supporting a greedy multinational corporation. it's FREE!!! and it works. solid as a rock too. never have to reboot just because shit stops working. and i can do EVERYTHING i used to do using windows. and far fewer threats that are written to attack it. doesn't mean it can't happen though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware

ubuntu isn't for everybody, but i am very happy with it. open source baby!

JPdM
If you're really concerned about a virus...this new one is a killer...
**WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. **

And if you don't send this to 5000 people in 20
seconds you'll pass gas so hard that your right leg
will spasm, shoot straight out in front of
you, sending sparks, that will ignite onto the person
nearest you.
... Originally Posted by dentonseek
Wow! I want to meet the progger who wrote that!