Adult Friend Finder - again

In a long moment of boredom and weakness, I subscribed again to Adult Friend Finder (AFF). I was a paid member a couple of years ago, but I convinced myself that this time would be different because of the pandemic. Nothing has changed for the better, and some things are worse.

First, they billed me for a year rather than the three months I selected, because 12 months is the default. If you select any other period -- one month, three months -- but then scroll around on the site, the default 12 months is automatically re-selected for you. The barely literate help desk person promised a refund of the extra months, but I'm not holding my breath.

Second, the upsell is continuous and even worse than before. Got gold status? You need to go Premium. Got Premium? You need to get Verified. You paid to get Verified? Nah, that's different than Confirmed which you also need.

Third, it's the same combination of nationwide, naive, lonely hearts ("married, but unhappy and looking in New Jersey") and Hong Kong swindlers. And gay guys, I didn't remember being so attractive with my declared straight status to gay guys.

Even my dog is disgusted with me. The little guy jumped into my lap as I was wrapping up, glanced at the screen, then snorted and jumped down, which he never does on his own.

Sigh. Cue sad trombones.
Aww, that's a really sad tale Tex. AFF is how I discovered the hobby world years ago, otherwise I may have run into some psycho killer out there. It's much safer with people you can actually see a history on.

Here's to hoping for a more satisfying New Year!

~