What does everyone else think you're doing?

For the guys and the gals...
I know the guys have snuck away from a group.. So....

What do you usually tell people you are doing?

I like to switch it up...
Lately I have been telling people that I work with special needs. (Lol!!)
When they ask anything about it I reply, "It can be complicated at times, so I prefer to keep work and real life separate."

They usually think I'm doing such a great deed helping out others who need what I can offer. Little do they know, that's EXACTLY what I'm doing!!

Anyone else? What's your favorite story??
I just state that there is taint that needs my attention.
went for a ride
I work for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

For the guys and the gals...
I know the guys have snuck away from a group.. So....

What do you usually tell people you are doing?

Anyone else? What's your favorite story?? Originally Posted by Alyssa Marie
There's a saying that the best way to lie is to tell the truth unconvincingly. So, I have been known to tell people that I [was going / had been] to see a sex worker. Putting it just that way, with a big smile. I have yet to be believed.

I also haven't tried that with my wife. I evaluate the risk there as excessive.
If asked i say "I'm a Pussy Model" and leave it at that. Folks normally create their own story about my job in their own head
There's a saying that the best way to lie is to tell the truth unconvincingly. So, I have been known to tell people that I [was going / had been] to see a sex worker. Putting it just that way, with a big smile. I have yet to be believed.

I also haven't tried that with my wife. I evaluate the risk there as excessive. Originally Posted by James1588
That's amazing!!! Haha!!!
Maybe I'll start saying that, "I'm a hooker."

I do have a "tramp stamp".. They weren't called that quite yet when I got mine.. But I am known to tell people, "little did I know that I could predict my future."

I do have a "tramp stamp".. They weren't called that quite yet when I got mine.. But I am known to tell people, "little did I know that I could predict my future." Originally Posted by Alyssa Marie
I'm hesitant to dispute you about anything. But a "tramp" is an itinerant man without regular employment, shifty and unkempt in appearance, rough and uncouth. Judging by your photos, you're pretty much the polar opposite to a tramp. In ALL respects.
There are multiple definitions of tramp.

Tramp stamps have always been referred to as tramp stamps.
Besides a one time use in some newspaper, tramp stamp didn't become a world known term until SNL used it on a Lindsay Lohan skit. In 2004. I got mine before 2004. But, anyway....
that was my wife not my girlfriend!!!!!!!!
Why would you even hint at these activities? I hobby when nobody is around, and I don't have to be accountable for my time/whereabouts.
Just have at least a few different hobbies and/or non-work activities, that suck up time and travel, and whatever time is spent with the really fun hobby is simply unnoticed by other folks.
Standard excuses I use and repeat:

1) Have to go in to work one weekend a month to do tape backups
2) I'm in Tech Support. Got an emergency call and had to go in.
3) Off to the local pistol range for some target practice. Have taken the wife a few times, but she often declines. So..I ask her if she wants to go to the range on Saturday, when she says no, I book the appointment.

Using those on a repeating monthly basis, I have my appointments covered.
I go to Lowes, Home Depot, Academy for a wish list of things ,,,,, compare prices. The ladies can't stand in heels for too long. Fishing reels ,,,, guns,,, hunting supplies, ,,, hours of exploring.
Auto Zone is part of the excuses.