God I hate squats.

• 01-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Ugly obese middle-aged STUPID motherfuckers should not squat in the presence of pretty girls. Good news is I set a PR. Bad news is hot throbbing pain that ibuprofen isn't helping, wooo. My legs are throbbing in time with my heartbeat and it's still over a hundred more than seven hours postworkout. Settle for three motherfucking plates, dumbass, you're old.:giljoti ini:
  • 01-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Just saw my sig. Fuck you, Rip.
Heating pads and hot showers are the cure and massaging the legs constantly. I am a work-out-aholic and the pain the next day is almost unbearable....Good Luck!
My orthopedic surgeon ABHORS squats - tells all patients to not do 'em. According to the Dr, they place *enormous* strain on the knees - even if done correctly.
  • 01-29-2011, 05:54 PM
If I weren't wishing I was dead I'd argue.
  • tron
  • 01-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Alcohol can be an amazing anesthetic. A shot and a beer will usually take the edge off.
  • 01-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Lifelong teetotaler, haven't had any alcohol ever. Yours is a good general prescription; the evidence is in, right? Drinkers live longer healthier happier lives than teetotalers. It's not that people shouldn't drink, just that *some* people - say a majority of the 2 million in US prisons - shouldn't drink. I suspect I'm one of those; if I don't drink I don't have to find out if I'm right or not. Sure wish the ibuprofen worked better, though.
Well, if you tried to set a PR from ground zero you ARE crazy. LOL. However, if you had worked up to a PR over time, should not be a long-term problem. You never know with the body. Was on the bike on Friday and my quads were killing me the whole time. Saturday 50% more mileage and no problems at all. Who knows?

One word of advice -- don't give into age!!!
  • 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh. Not *that* crazy. 3 plates every Saturday morning no matter what, 335 if I'm feeling good, 365 2-3 times a quarter. 365 was PR. Saturday I was feeling great and there were pretty girls to show off to so I squatted 365. Pretty girl remarked that it looked so easy for me and it would be so cool if I set a new PR, pretty please... 375 went up, grinding and hissing. Had to hold on to the bar for a few seconds after I racked it to handle the blood pressure change without falling down. I'm really, really conservative about setting PRs, I (almost) never do it anymore except at meets.
  • Paven
  • 01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm just the opposite lol, I like doing squats and try to incorporate them whenever I can ie: while brushing my teeth. It's the only way I can have a booty since I am way more blessed up top lol.
I'm with Paven on this one! They are definitely necessary for building up my legs and butt. I wasn't naturally blessed with much back there either!
Tess
Ditto w/ Paven & Tess, though not doing too much ACG these days. lol It's much more important to stay active once you break 40. Luckily, I'm darn healthy & have enough natural energy to stay busy on things most of the time. Have to wait till the baby is born to add weights to my squats, though. We'll leave that to the boys...
I love 'em. Zucchini, yellow crookneck, acorn, butternut . . . steamed, baked, sauteed . . . all to my liking. Don't know why they would cause you to have leg pain, though. Maybe I should re-read the original post.
  • Paven
  • 02-05-2011, 06:06 AM
I love 'em. Zucchini, yellow crookneck, acorn, butternut . . . steamed, baked, sauteed . . . all to my liking. Don't know why they would cause you to have leg pain, though. Maybe I should re-read the original post. Originally Posted by meldrick
Squats on the other hand I do like!

You're too funny!
I like squats, but when my knees become totally numb, I gotta change positions! Though it takes a long time to get to that point...

Poor 78704. I feel your pain, dear.

I don't think I would have the same endurance in the gym that I have for cowgirl. I dunno, I guess I have been shy at the gym. ~Maybe I need a personal trainer now.

@Meldrick: I love squash, but I haven't tried the fancy varieties yet. yellow and zucchini are two of my favorite foods. Note to self: make spaghetti squash for dinner tonight!