Video of TransAsia Plane Crash in Taiwan

This is incredible:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/asia/t...sia/index.html

Horrifying to watch.

The wing even crushed the taxi on the bridge. I thought at first it missed it.
The plane was obviously losing altitude but I wonder why it made such a hard roll just before impact with the bridge.
The plane was obviously losing altitude but I wonder why it made such a hard roll just before impact with the bridge. Originally Posted by boardman
If you look at the river and how he crashed into it, I think he was headed perpendicular to the river and wanted to land on the skinny river longitudinally. That necessitated a hard turn. Poor bastard tried.
However, every situation is different and he might have heroically avoided crashing into the buildings, and there were survivors.
Bet the taxi driver needed to clean his shorts.
Bet the taxi driver needed to clean his shorts. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I think he might have been killed.

The front of the passenger compartment appears to have been crushed, not just the engine compartment.
According to some reports the pilot was trying to maintain some altitude to get over the buildings. He probably stalled completely when he tried to turn over the river. Just a huge paperweight at that point.
I think he might have been killed.

The front of the passenger compartment appears to have been crushed, not just the engine compartment. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Reports are that the two people in the taxi survived with injuries.

It appears also that the left engine flamed out and he lost power.
Were showing that on the news, the left engine was not turning the prop. Thought the pilot was turning to avoid the apartment buildings.
Most twin engine propeller driven aircraft will turn into the engine that is out. The left engine is the critical engine due to the rotation of the propellers. the left engine looks like it quit. the prop was not feathered. At low altitude, and slow speed the pilot has few options.