Outer boroughs

By Summer 2020 I'll be moving back to New York. When I lived in NYC, I wasn't a companion. In 2014 after I already moved south to New Orleans is when I entered this realm. One thing I've noticed over the past several years of touring back to NYC every few months is that Manhattan and especially Midtown East seems to be the preferred and some cases the sole neighborhood NYC suitors want to visit providers in. What's the reasoning behind that trend?

There are many affluent, centrally located communities in other sections of the city. Something I'm wondering is: if I were to host in Northwest Brooklyn, would that be frowned upon? An area I'm familiar with and have in mind is Downtown Brooklyn/ Fort Greene, specifically near BAM. In my mind, Prospect Heights would be great as well.

Any insights as to whether I'd be doing myself a disservice hosting in select neighborhoods outside of Manhattan would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure you have great replies from fellow companions, but here's my two cents. I would imagine that Midtown is centrally located for those seeking companionship and who work in Manhattan. Once you go to affluent communities outside Manhattan, you're talking about people who live in that neighborhood. Midtown will likely get you better access the "after work" crowd and midday short stays. BAM and Downtown Brooklyn has lots of wealthy people, but the trains aren't the most accessible, and many New Yorkers don't have cars. As a result, it's a different clientele. Just a few ideas and thoughts. Best of luck!