Help for a newbie!

Hey guys and gals, I am seeking advice from the veterans here. I am BRAND new to the hobby, and I am unsure as to how to get a start. Most providers I have looked at require 2 or more references from other providers. So how does someone get to start meeting providers in the first place. I read somewhere to find a newbie freindly provider, but am not sure how you would go about searching specifically for that? Also, are newbie friendly providers typically a safe bet? Everyone has to get started somewhere, so whats the best way to go about that?
You could do a search on the Provider Ads forum using the search term "newbie."

Although the suggestions to seek out a "newbie friendly provider" don't often mention or acknowledge this, "newbie friendly" does not necessarily mean -- hopefully never means -- that a lady will see a prospective client without any type of screening whatsoever. It merely means that they will use screening methods other than checking references from other ladies you've seen. They may, for example, want to know your full real name and where you work, so they can verify that you are not law enforcement, don't have a criminal record, etc. Ask a lady you're interested in what she will need to be comfortable with seeing you.

Some guys are reluctant to provide that much information, but most independent ladies are reluctant to see a guy without some type of screening. (Some may want a lot more than your name and where you work; at some point, it may be too much for you, but if basics like real name and where you work are too much, your chances of finding someone willing to see you are drastically reduced.) If you just adamantly do not want to provide that kind of information, AMPs may be a possibility. Also you may be able to find ladies on Backpage that do not require screening at all -- but the risk to you is also higher in that situation.

Many people will advise you to get P411. To clarify, that is not an alternative to screening -- it simply outsources the screening. Often, P411 serves the same function as references; ladies you've seen record an "Okay" for you, and other ladies may rely on those "Okays" as the same as references (or at least providing all the necessary information so they can contact those other ladies themselves). If you already had references, you could get a P411 account by submitting those. Since you don't, you would still have to undergo traditional screening as described above. P411 would conduct the screening before giving you an account. Once you have that, some "newbie friendly" ladies might be willing to see you, relying on the traditional screening provided by P411. So you would have had to give your real world information only to P411 rather than to each "newbie friendly" lady you wanted to see.

Some "newbie friendly" ladies are safe bets; some are not. Don't make any assumptions either way. Instead, do some research here to see whether they've been reviewed and whether the reviews are favorable/enthusiastic. Reviews can also give you some ideas about what time with them is like.

Good luck.
Make the Search tab your friend. This very question has been asked and answered hundreds of times. Do your research.