obama executive order can't be overturned on oil leases

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...p-cant-change/

looks like an obama judge ruled in favor of Obama.

Before Obama left office, he wrote an EO that declared Alaska oil fields off limits from drilling in perpetuity.
Same thing Clinton did to Utah coal fields.
  • Tiny
  • 03-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Two things are strange here. First, one president can put lands off limit for exploration, but a second president can't undo that. Congress didn't have a say in either instance.

Second, you have an Alaska judge imposing this ban on drilling. Alaskans are overwhelmingly in favor of oil and gas exploration. She's probably not the most popular person in Anchorage right now.
Two things are strange here. First, one president can put lands off limit for exploration, but a second president can't undo that. Congress didn't have a say in either instance.

Second, you have an Alaska judge imposing this ban on drilling. Alaskans are overwhelmingly in favor of oil and gas exploration. She's probably not the most popular person in Anchorage right now. Originally Posted by Tiny

I agree. this is a very strange ruling.

I didn't know Clinton did the same too.

I thought old presidents executive orders are always reversed by new presidents. so an exception is being made here...
I agree. this is a very strange ruling.

I didn't know Clinton did the same too.

I thought old presidents executive orders are always reversed by new presidents. so an exception is being made here... Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

what's the difference? with apologies (sic) to Obama and Clinton, EO's aren't "Law of the land".

this is a predictable liberal judge legislating from the bench in favor of Obama rather than Trump where she knows she will eventually be overruled.

even if they try to block it to the Supreme Court they'll lose. an EO is a presidential power only.

the only "In perpetuity" you get is the end of your term in office.
was clinton's utah eo ever overturned??? that's the money question.
was clinton's utah eo ever overturned??? that's the money question. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

It will be if Trump wants it to. Again, all you get is your successor's graces. Or not.