References

I know that this subject comes up every few months and well I'm going to bring it again. I don't mind giving references but I do mind it when all of a sudden I have 3 texts from different numbers asking about a client. I don't appreciate having my number given out like that.

Providers if you are going to text say who you are in the first line. I don't know who the FUCK YOU ARE,and I'm sure as hell not going to say I know so-and-so as a client.

Look people, it's simple things like that ,that will get a person into trouble. Let some common sense rule instead of the little head or money.
I know that this subject comes up every few months and well I'm going to bring it again. I don't mind giving references but I do mind it when all of a sudden I have 3 texts from different numbers asking about a client. I don't appreciate having my number given out like that.

Providers if you are going to text say who you are in the first line. I don't know who the FUCK YOU ARE,and I'm sure as hell not going to say I know so-and-so as a client.

Look people, it's simple things like that ,that will get a person into trouble. Let some common sense rule instead of the little head or money. Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
There should be a flowchart for the protocol, but here's my understanding:

step 1 - choose your next new prospect

step 2 - contact your prospect via PM, p411, and/or text, emphasis on the "and", and with all the information required in your prospect's ad or showcase for new client contacts

step 3 - if references are required (not on p411 or not enough reviews), contact references so that they expect the contact from your prospect

step 4 - let your prospect know once your reference has responded that they're expecting the reference request

step 5 - wait while prospect and reference PM, or text if they already know each other

step 6 - you get approved and set a date

At no point are private numbers revealed, and cold calls for references are kind of awkward.

Is this a reasonable approximation of how it should work, or am I making it too complicated?
step 7— too much time has past and I am no longer in the mood

(I know these steps are needed, and I say this half in jest.)
I don't find it necessary for guys that I give references for to contact me before using me. During the day, I usually respond within an hour or two, sometimes within minutes. It just depends if I'm at my computer or when I get online. After about 9 or 10 pm, sorry but I'll answer in the morning.
But they better NOT give out my number. It's private for a reason. I also don't give requests through email. I've told ladies to contact me on here if they've emailed me.
Emails or texts can be from an SO.
I forgot to add the the providers also included his phone number too. Did anyone bother to even check to see if the number was really mine? Nope. What if they had put in a wrong digit and sent to some random ph number that happens to be LE?