p411 provider pages

I'm new to p411 and I've noticed that there are a few provider pages disappeared. Is that normal? were they bad girls or what
  • npita
  • 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Providers retire, take time off or even take the pages down while revising their profiles. Why should the disappearance of a profile indicate anything nefarious?
nefarious? how did you come by that from my post? I probably clicked 10 ads for p411 and 3 are gone? I was just wondering? I read the other day about security issues? I seen where providers got points just like guys etc. It was a question. But I'm sure that you're points are valid. It just seemed that 30% or so was a high #
(Just my opinion here, don't know for sure)

I know we Hobbyists have to pay to be on P411. Maybe the Providers pay, too. I am not sure. Anyway, I presume if you have not paid your membership, then access would go away. Or like npita said, they may retire, etc.

Also, Providers may change locations in P411 when they travel, so the page may be located in another city possibly.

And from time to time Providers decide to change their names for security reasons, etc. So they may be still there, but with a different name.
Omaha! How's it going? My brother was born in Omaha. Lived there when I was young... real young.

It's probably I forgot to pay thing. That's what I was leaning towards but wasn't 100% sure. But I can rule out the other 2 senerios do to the fact they just posted ads with there p411 info etc....
  • w900l
  • 01-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I read providers advertise for free on p411, just the hobbyist pay for membership. Most likely the disappearing pages are because providers have moved to a different city for whatever reason.
I know of one provider who got sideways with the P411 management and was taken off the system. Even if a provider has good enough references to be able to list on P411, things may happen that will cause them to be taken off.