Hobbyists: Credibility vs. Verification

• Loxly
  • 01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Is it more important to you to have credibility among other Hobbyists or verification from Providers?

Ideally we'd like to have both but I'd guess that it's much more difficult to get a "date" without verification from a known Provider. Granted there are many "newbie-friendly" Providers but the majority are not.

Credibility-

After making a remark awhile back I had to think very hard about it. Does credibility come merely from the number of reviews or posts you have? Does volume automatically make you an authority?

While I read reviews as much as anyone, I tend to give ones with supporting comments more credibility than others. (Verification) That's not to take away from any of them but if the review is of someone on my "short list" then it helps more than just a few one-liners. That old "YMMV" ya know. So knowing someone with the same "tastes" also helps quite a bit.

Verification -

Obviously some of our credibility comes from verification by the Providers but I can't speak about what their verification might contain. Again I'm guessing that the majority of that is just a yes or no without the details found in reviews or the Men's Lounge.

Perhaps, if you're a P411 member, the number of "OK"s speaks to verification. Again I'm clueless as to what detail might be given in any exchange between Providers. "He likes toys.", "Ask him to shower first", "MPOPS+),etc.

To Summarize -

This is strictly a matter of choice as to which you'd rather have and not an attack on any Hobbyists living or dead. And while it might be interesting to hear what Providers think it's really aimed at fellow Hobbyists.
Neither for me. Not trying to be difficult but no matter what I do I won't make all the providers happy try as I may and I know I'll never make all the hobbyist see things as I do. I just my thing and let the chips fall where they may!
Loxly, when you put it likes this, I better rely on Verification ...
A happy medium
All you need to be is honest in what you say, let the chips fall where they may.
For every hobbyist that hates me, there's a top provider who wants to meet.
If I ever want to fuck a monger I'll give a shit about board credibility.

If I want to fuck the provider of my choosing I'll get my verification in order.

Aside from SL most of the Eccie members getting laid aren't ever posting so clearly have no use for board credibility.

Board presence can hurt more than help in many cases.

If SL never posted he would never piss any providers off so with his review count and verification status alone he would never get turned down by any provider ever.

Someone like myself with one review could post all day long and come across as Ghandi but I'm still gonna have to jump through hoops to get laid. Fortunately I've been around forever so I do have references when needed.

Board cred might help if you are looking to make points with a frequent posting provider but those aren't the ones the vast majority of guys are booking based upon reviews.
Credibility is also used with providers, even if you piss some off, they always respect that they know exactly what you are about.
That comes with being honest on the board and developing credibility all around.
You know how many guys say I don't know how any girls will see you to me?
Guess what, ones most people complain won't see them or reply, PM me asking when I'm coming to see them.
They don't like assholes that treat them bad, but they don't like wusses either!

If I could post PM's you'd be shocked how many find me intriguing.
Credibility.......

Over the years I've come to meet and get to know a hell of a lot of guys and ladies in this and other communities..... I consider several to be good friends..... I do business with some both as a client/customer and vice versa......

Those relationships over the years have yielded leads to girls in strip clubs and other venues that some guy took a swing at and missed and he passed the lead on to me...

I met my SO through a good male friend.....
The girl before her I met through a Provider that was a good friend..
The girl before that one through another good male friend.....

That's 5 consecutive years of daily or weekly pussy as a result or relationships I've built within the community that was based in credibility....

If I have $250 in my wallet and ZERO references or verifiable information I can STILL find someone and get laid before the end of the day.

But to not have the credibility I have with the network of friends and associates I've built over the years would be far more costly.....