"Management" vs. agencies vs. studios

Another day, another eight hours of not much to do while the company circles the drain ever faster, and I got to thinking (aka working without tools) again.

Lots of folks here have some degree of disdain for "managed" girls. Yet I rarely, if ever, see any negative comments about girls working for an agency. And most people appear to be comfortable with the standard studio arrangement at a few places that I know if in Dallas and the modified studio arrangement at a couple of popular places here in Fort Worth.

Aside from "branding" issues, what's the perceived difference? In all cases,a portion of the session fee goes to someone other than the companion. Is it "security" and the proximity of the "enforcer"? Is there necessarily an element of coercion in the former that's lacking in the latter two? Is there necessarily a greater chance that the girl is involved in things we can't talk about here?

For the most part, I've stuck with indies in my hobbying career, with a few studio sessions here and there, more in the last couple of years than previously. I've never, to my knowledge, engaged a lady who would be referred to as "managed," as I share the same distaste that others here do, a distaste that I started wondering today whether it was rational or not, when compared to the other situations I mentioned.

Maybe I'm just so bored that my mind has atrophied ...
Well, hell....I dunno. Seems like "managed" is "managed" if you look at it side by side. Who's to say there aren't nice big hearted pimps and evil studio and agency owners? What a true befuddlement indeed!

Boredom will do that shit to your mind though. I'm living proof!
To answer your questions, structurally speaking, there is very little if any difference between them as you have someone knocking on the door near the end of you session and there is always a group of girls that work there.

As far as reasons the providers choose to go this route would be they lack TCB skills to keep happy clientele, the safe haven of not working alone and most cases, someone else schedules and advertises for them.
In my years of hobbying, I'm pretty sure I've seen LOTS of pimped girls...and never knew about it. I'll never go to a studio again...better chance of getting busted there than a social.
Big difference in my book. But that is just my opinion.
To answer your questions, there is very little if any difference between them as you have someone knocking on the door at the end of you session and there is always a group of girls that work there. Originally Posted by NearHauteRed
You are clueless, dude, if you think there is no difference between a well run agency such as the one Gina of p411 ran for years and a common pimp. And the differences are numerous, both from the amount kept by the provider to the manner in which the providers are treated on down to the safety of the client and quality of incall. You not only add nothing of value to this board, but you lower the collective hobby IQ of the board every single time you post.
To me, there is not a clear cut answer to what is good/bad management. My general rule nowadays is if the manager maintains some level of transparency regarding their org chart, then I don't mind them. It tends to be the ones that hide in the shadows who have other things they are trying to hide that I want no part of.

Again, there are exceptions galore to the stereotypes I just laid out, but I gotta draw the line somewhere - for my own sanity - and it may as well be there.
Big difference in my book. But that is just my opinion. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
Well damn, that cleared it right up for me!
Well damn, that cleared it right up for me! Originally Posted by phildo
Bahahahahahhahahahaahh. Bahahaha
Well damn, that cleared it right up for me! Originally Posted by phildo
I just feel that there is a higher standard that MP's and agencies go by. Word gets around and they have a reason to maintain that standard. They know when people start saying don't use the so n so agency because they ripped me off, or they give you bad service, that it's going to effect their bottom line.

Pimps, not so much. It is much harder to associate him with his group of girls. So if you get taken to the cleaners, how are you supposed to identify the rest of his stable to stay away from them as well? Unless you have some kind of inside knowledge you don't know.

And how many times has anybody read " mamasan stuck a gun in my back and stole my wallet"? Not never!
FWIW, I was managed by what we would all consider a "pimp" for many years. My experience, like all relationships, was not all good, but it wasn't all bad either.

I learned a great deal about this business and what it takes to succeed, from him. I learned hard work and dedication (I had a $1000 night quota!), I learned to be loyal to a fault. I learned that jail is nothing to be feared, and I learned that some "street" people have far more integrity and class than some "educated" folks.

Bottom line is everyone's experience in life is different, we all make mistakes and there are good people and there are bad people, regardless of what pool you are dipping into.

Always,
Gina
Not to pry Gina, but if quota wasn't met?
Not to pry Gina, but if quota wasn't met? Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
Really, it was a quota like any other sales position might have a quota. It was a number to strive for, and the higher your quota, the higher your "status" in that underground world.

It wasn't like I would get my ass whooped if I didn't meet my quota, that's more the Hollywood version of "Pimps and Hoes", not the real life version. The real life version was far less dramatic, truly the girls talked/bragged about their quotas more than the pimps ever talked to us about them.

Yes, there are some incredibly dysfunctional and violent relationships out there where the woman is victimized by the man. Some of those relationships are Pimp/Ho, and some of them are Boyfriend/Girlfriend, and some are Husband/Wife. I do not condone any relationship where violence, drama and/or emotional destruction are the norm.

I wouldn't trade my "managed" years for a billion dollars. No, it wasn't all roses but I am the person I am today, partly because I had that experience.

Always,
Gina
Damn, you learn something new on this board. Interesting story and view point there Gina.
Damn, you learn something new on this board. Interesting story and view point there Gina. Originally Posted by Incognito44
+1