Etiquette question for the ladies, and guys too.

So I had an experience today that was a first for me, as far as I can remember anyway.

I've been in this hobby for a long time. Since 1994 or so. I've had very few negative or truly bad experiences. Part of that is luck, part is caution, and part is because I pay attention, and am unfailingly polite and considerate in my interactions with providers.

I'm still fairly new to the Houston area, and when I contact a provider that I have never seen before, I usually use a standard format that I can cut and paste into the text app on my hobby phone. I hate typing on the tiny little keyboard on that thing! I send my age, that I am fairly new to the area, that i have seen their ads online and would like to meet them if they are willing. I close with a polite "hope to meet you soon" sort of thing.

Things being what they are, I usually send out 2 or 3 of these texts, in hopes that at least one will bear fruit.

I've been using this basic method ever since cell phones and texting became the way to make contact, and I have always had good luck with it, and have never, ever had a provider take issue..... Until today.

Contacted a young lady who will remain nameless, back in late January and received no reply at all. No big deal, and far from unusual. One of the others replied that day, and a good time was had..... Sent her basically the same text today, figuring she hadn't seen or received the one from January. That would not be unusual in my experience.

She replied immediately calling me out for sending the same text, both saying I was new to the area, and basically giving me attitude about it. I was floored!! I have never, not once, had a problem like this.

No biggie, but it got me wondering, should I modify my contact methods? I''m sure she probably thought I might be LE, and that's OK, but I could have done without the attitude.

I'd like to hear some thoughts, particularly from the ladies, but guys too.
This hobby is known for drama queens and drama kings. Plenty of vouched for ladies in Houston, just move on to the next one.
This hobby is known for drama queens and drama kings. Plenty of vouched for ladies in Houston, just move on to the next one. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
∆This exactly!∆

Each lady is different. Some expect more info, some ask for less or none at all. There is no "standard" anything in the hobby.
I wouldn't worry about it. I have been sending the same intro for the past five years. There are several providers I have texted the same into to and never got a response.

You have nothing to worry and there are plenty of providers who are happy to see you with your 38 reviews. If she chooses she could go threw and review your reviews to make sure your a good match.

The only thing I can suggest is to send the same intro along with your phone numver via a PM thru ECCIE.
No don’t change a thing. It is actually impressive that she is that organized to even remember but scary that she cares, definitely move on.
I wouldn't worry about it. I have been sending the same intro for the past five years. There are several providers I have texted the same into to and never got a response.

You have nothing to worry and there are plenty of providers who are happy to see you with your 38 reviews. If she chooses she could go threw and review your reviews to make sure your a good match.

The only thing I can suggest is to send the same intro along with your phone numver via a PM thru ECCIE. Originally Posted by Fizley
I'm not worried at all, just always looking to improve my chances.

Unfortunately, since the post-FOSTA/SESTA changes here on ECCIE, finding and selecting providers has gotten a lot tougher. I'm also forced into the lower end of the hobby budget these days due to circumstances (mostly) beyond my control. I'm not a cheapskate, not at all. I can and do pay willingly for quality service, but reality is what it is. In this particular instance I was merely looking for a decent QV or B&G, and was trolling some of the usual, less-reputable sites. This particular provider is, I'm convinces 100% legit and has been at this for some time, but I was just kind of surprised by her level of paranoia. I guess no approach works for all providers. Even after all this time, I am still learning...

Little dissapointed that none of the ladies have replied, I was really hoping for some input from the provider's point of view. A lot of what I know, and how I have learned to conduct myself in this hobby has come from talking to the ladies I have seen along the way, they have also provided me with some of my best leads and warnings.
I'd just move on to another provider. Its her loss.
@Easy Does it. Agree with ICU. Move on. Most of the providers here phone is ringing constantly. With stimulus, cash is flush for hobbiests, providers received cash, and their $$ needs are being met so they dont have to hustle.

I know several active providers whose phones ring constantly and they haven't advertised since fall of 2020. I see my regulars and when they are not available I have a favorite amp I make a drive to when something shiney shows up.

I've been in this hobby for a long time. Since 1994 or so.

Sent her basically the same text today, figuring she hadn't seen or received the one from January. That would not be unusual in my experience.

She replied immediately calling me out for sending the same text, both saying I was new to the area, and basically giving me attitude about it.

I''m sure she probably thought I might be LE, and that's OK,

I'd like to hear some thoughts, particularly from the ladies, but guys too. Originally Posted by Easy Does It
You have more reviews than I. If she "thought" you "might be LE" then you can expect some other failed analytical errors in judgment that might have ended up creating an unhappy meeting, if not a total waste of time and money.

Just continue to wear your mask and maintain no less than three feet of "social distance" during the meetings and you'll be fine. Besides: The officers she does see probably don't like strays wandering into the playground.
I'm not worried at all, just always looking to improve my chances.

Unfortunately, since the post-FOSTA/SESTA changes here on ECCIE, finding and selecting providers has gotten a lot tougher. I'm also forced into the lower end of the hobby budget these days due to circumstances (mostly) beyond my control. I'm not a cheapskate, not at all. I can and do pay willingly for quality service, but reality is what it is. In this particular instance I was merely looking for a decent QV or B&G, and was trolling some of the usual, less-reputable sites. This particular provider is, I'm convinces 100% legit and has been at this for some time, but I was just kind of surprised by her level of paranoia. I guess no approach works for all providers. Even after all this time, I am still learning...

Little dissapointed that none of the ladies have replied, I was really hoping for some input from the provider's point of view. A lot of what I know, and how I have learned to conduct myself in this hobby has come from talking to the ladies I have seen along the way, they have also provided me with some of my best leads and warnings. Originally Posted by Easy Does It
Oh please, cry me a river. If you supply their complete screening information the first time you contact them there are NO issues.
I think providers should be licensed like they do tittay dancers... and in their photo ID they could have a taint photo for positive identification....you know, for Pyramider.
The thought the registration of the strippers was ceased after hundreds registered as Helen Huey.
Really? I did not know that.
Oh please, cry me a river. If you supply their complete screening information the first time you contact them there are NO issues. Originally Posted by pyramider
Only if SHE provides "complete screening information"!
Yes, via a taint photo.....

... you know, for Pyramider.