short term discounts/perks?

Hi, was wondering how providers and/or LMTs do to reach short term goals and to reward the clients who help them reach the goals? What would be an awesome pull for clients to help?

I have a short goal (in about 10 days) and am thinking of offering a discounted series to my favorite clients.....that is the only thing I can think of but was fishing for more ideas.

Is there anything 'better' than a discounted series (buying several sessions upfront & getting a good savings)

thoughts?
  • Toyz
  • 09-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Hi, was wondering how providers and/or LMTs do to reach short term goals and to reward the clients who help them reach the goals? What would be an awesome pull for clients to help?

I have a short goal (in about 10 days) and am thinking of offering a discounted series to my favorite clients.....that is the only thing I can think of but was fishing for more ideas.

Is there anything 'better' than a discounted series (buying several sessions upfront & getting a good savings)

thoughts? Originally Posted by deerwhisperer

Let me know how that paying in advance idea works out for you OK?
It works, I sold a bunch last year when I had a goal, but learned now to be picky who i offer it to because of the time commitment (i need to like the person a lot)...but before I offered it again was hoping for better ideas since that is all i've come up with.

Let me know how that paying in advance idea works out for you OK? Originally Posted by Toyz
Sounds like she's a provider, so it probably works out great (for her!)

To the prepay guy that inevitably gets stiffed when she suddenly becomes impossible to schedule, then "retires" only to resurface with a new identity and can no longer honor the "other" provider's vouchers... well that's another story.
I can't see anything that could go wrong.

I told your idea to a few people and even Ben Stein was LHFAO

i'm an lmt, the series are just for massage work, i want something better than a series. other ideas, better ideas. i've honored the ones i sold last year, never missed a session..ever, never been late to one. double booked once but gave free sessions to make up for it. i've never ripped anyone off (but i have been though)

i guess no one has better ideas of what to reward awesome clients with other than discounts. more time maybe? but i guess that is the same thing.
It ALWAYS works for the provider ... until you end up in the Alert section ...
With the time equals money idiom, any service based provider can do the following:
You can offer more time / added menu items for the same fee.
Since you mentioned "liking a person alot", you can offer a free to half price repeat appointment to those you like to see again.
Maybe a lunch date? I personally like noon appointments and always enjoy treating a lady to lunch (before or after the session).
And I believe another provider here had a "lotto style" approach. Basically, "enter to win". Every appointment was the entry fee. Winner got a discounted or free session.
I'm in a different service industry but I'm always paying for referrals. If a previous client sends another client my way, I pay the previous client a percentage of the new client's first business. Or discount/free service for the previous client that would be equal to the referral fee.
I also have a free service guarantee. If I don't fix it, it's totally free. Not sure if that applies to your service.
  • bc00
  • 09-16-2014, 08:34 PM
What's LMTs?
  • onei
  • 09-16-2014, 11:29 PM
What's LMTs? Originally Posted by bc00
(L)icensed (M)assage (T)herapist
  • bc00
  • 09-16-2014, 11:32 PM
(L)icensed (M)assage (T)herapist Originally Posted by onei
Oh! I learn new acronyms everyday.
Offering 90 minutes for a 60 minute donation is definitely a reward offer to consider.

If you have a partner, perhaps some sort of deal with 4 hands for the price of two?
  • Toyz
  • 09-17-2014, 11:34 AM
If you are not jerking, twerking, fucking or sucking...why are you posting in this forum?
Several years ago there was an un-named LMT provider that offered a drawing giving 1 ticket per session with the prize being a one night stand with her. Increased her income and board interest both.
With the time equals money idiom, any service based provider can do the following:
You can offer more time / added menu items for the same fee.
Since you mentioned "liking a person alot", you can offer a free to half price repeat appointment to those you like to see again.
Maybe a lunch date? I personally like noon appointments and always enjoy treating a lady to lunch (before or after the session).
And I believe another provider here had a "lotto style" approach. Basically, "enter to win". Every appointment was the entry fee. Winner got a discounted or free session.
I'm in a different service industry but I'm always paying for referrals. If a previous client sends another client my way, I pay the previous client a percentage of the new client's first business. Or discount/free service for the previous client that would be equal to the referral fee.
I also have a free service guarantee. If I don't fix it, it's totally free. Not sure if that applies to your service. Originally Posted by 7Dust

nice ideas, thank you!