Time to Leave the Hobby!

I have been in the hobby for awhile from the days of ASPD.net and it is the same. People complain about providers on back page using fake pictures and there are providers on Eccie who are doing the same thing. They claim to look one way, provide these different services and when you show up they look totally different, do not do what they say they are going to do or only give those services to certain people. Some claim they only take one or two a day, and when you go into the bathroom there is a trash can full of condoms. Like most men involved in this hobby it is a fantasy, you can be with some of the most beautiful woman in the world, if you have the money. This hobby will also leave you broke and ruin your life, I can’t tell you how many times, I have walked out after a session that lasted around 40 minutes that was promised to last 60 minutes that I paid $300.00 dollars for and wondered “why in the hell did I just do that”, I would find myself doing it again, again, again until it became an addiction. Sex and this hobby is a trap and if you do not get out it will consume you and control your life. It is the same for providers, you can’t do this forever so what are you going to do when you get older, your looks fade, and you do not have that great body anymore?

I need something a little bit more meaningful in my life! Take care…………………….
first part of curing your addictions is to admit you have a problem, good for you and I agree with your assessment of the 'Hobby', I keep seeing all these new girls and hardly any good reviews, I cant remember leaving a session with a new girl and saying, 'wow, now that was worth it!' been a long wHile since....
I feel your pain Sir ! Recently been coming to that conclusion myself. Minus the addiction.
hmm, is the next step to try and save us all from ourselves?
Your statement...."if you do not get out it will consume you and control your life...." seems to be painting us all with your own brush.. Not everyone lacks self control... lack of self control is what leads to "life consuming traits"... not the temptation.
Next we'll be warned about sexy cars, nice houses, good bourbon, and long vacations, ruining our lives and taking all of our $$$..
Oh, let's not forget Wives, divorce or girl friends.
I agree with Nuglet,, if you 'let' it control your life it can,, but for most of us its simply the lure or the game or chase we like most of all
Everything in moderation. I agree with nuglet and REB.
I have to agree. I am very close of fading away myself. I to here I'm low volume but see other wise, I have left very few sessions being satisfied and the prices still continue to climb and price me out of the market with some of the experiences I have had. Don't get me wrong I have met a couple of ladies that I really did enjoy but they all seem to disappear for one reason or another. So to start fading away I say this; prices are getting as bad as gas ridiculous. Service for the most part is lacking. The reviews that are written are exaggerated. What I have always wanted is a great GFE which in my book is fbsm, lfk, dfk, daty with finger play, bbbj, cfs, and anything else that pleases both parties. Do I find this? Rarely and I do mean rarely and yet they all advertise GFE and when I want to add fbsm to start most give you a light rub but some do do well. And some of the locations I enter sweating bullets because they are bad. Closing I too am fading away unless there is a lady or two that are what I'm looking for... No more spending and settling for less just saying
Hi y'all, Try this:

(1) Continue spending the money, but spend it on yourself. When you get the urge, you can say, "I've already spent my budget, so I'll play with my new ____ instead." Make _____ something you'll really enjoy, and enjoy shopping for.

(2) Find another hobby that you enjoy and that makes you feel good about yourself. Throw yourself into it and give it a month or two to work it's magic. If it isn't magic, try something new -- enjoy exploring your life.

(3) You'll face cravings for the old hobby for months or years. Quell them by jerking off. (Poo-poo it all you like, you never disappoint yourself.) Don't expect to be a new man overnight. Don't expect to be perfect, but never give up.
It's all about finding the right provider (and of course the moderation part) guys do exagerate in reviews about services, looks, age etcc... If you do your homework though you can figure out what is real and consistent. Prior to recently most of the providers I saw were good but not the WOW factor. Sessions were good but I sometimes maybe thought about semi retiring, so I do. I take months off and away from the hobby. It's about self control, if you have an addictive personality then you will always find something to be addicted to and find regret with. It boils down to you, not your vises.

Lately I have been seeing different providers and I find myself leaving in a different state. A state of content and with wobbly legs. It's all about who you see. If your leaving with regret, your seeing the wrong person.
I have to agree. I am very close of fading away myself. I to here I'm low volume but see other wise, I have left very few sessions being satisfied and the prices still continue to climb and price me out of the market with some of the experiences I have had. Don't get me wrong I have met a couple of ladies that I really did enjoy but they all seem to disappear for one reason or another. So to start fading away I say this; prices are getting as bad as gas ridiculous. Service for the most part is lacking. The reviews that are written are exaggerated. What I have always wanted is a great GFE which in my book is fbsm, lfk, dfk, daty with finger play, bbbj, cfs, and anything else that pleases both parties. Do I find this? Rarely and I do mean rarely and yet they all advertise GFE and when I want to add fbsm to start most give you a light rub but some do do well. And some of the locations I enter sweating bullets because they are bad. Closing I too am fading away unless there is a lady or two that are what I'm looking for... No more spending and settling for less just saying Originally Posted by Passion2015

Yours is a tougher request. Most providers are either GFE, non GFE or fbsm. It's tough to find someone who does fbsm and gfe combined but they are out there. I suggest looking for a fbsm person and finding out if they offer gfe and not the other way around as the gfe person prolly offers a crap massage.
Sounds to me like you found your answer. Goodbye and good luck.

"The hobby" is not for everyone. We should all be aware of its downsides. We should each be ready to leave if when problems or risk become too high. Or when we realize we're not enjoying it enough. Or when we realize we're being stupid.
  • ztonk
  • 03-13-2012, 12:28 PM
"The hobby" is not for everyone. We should all be aware of its downsides. We should each be ready to leave if when problems or risk become too high. Or when we realize we're not enjoying it enough. Or when we realize we're being stupid. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Agree 100%!

For those it does work for, it can be a truly awesome and rewarding ride!

z
I do tend to laugh a bit when someone talks about the hobby being dangerous.

Yes, the hobby is dangerous, but sometimes I think a "normal" relationship is MORE dangerous.

I wonder if the odds of suffering, money loss, violence, or even jail time is higher for the hobby or for "normal" relationships.

Of course, if you "hobby stupid," your odds get worse.
I do tend to laugh a bit when someone talks about the hobby being dangerous.

Yes, the hobby is dangerous, but sometimes I think a "normal" relationship is MORE dangerous.

I wonder if the odds of suffering, money loss, violence, or even jail time is higher for the hobby or for "normal" relationships.

Of course, if you "hobby stupid," your odds get worse. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I agree about how funny it is to hear when someone says the hobby is dangerous. I have hobbyied for 18 years and did so in the street game with no boards to help me out. I relied on street smarts and simply avoiding the law. I have done some stupid shit and put myself in dumb situations in the past but I was also younger and didn't think twice of fucking a girl while her "homeboys" were outside waiting. I could have been robbed etc. I am glad though that I am a big guy and can be mean looking if you don't know me.

There is so much information out there for a hobbyist to research that the "danger" element is pretty low. Hobbyists IMO get in trouble when they become regulars and start to get involved in a provider's life. If you leave things as business only you should be fine.

sixx
I have been in the hobby for awhile from the days of ASPD.net and it is the same. People complain about providers on back page using fake pictures and there are providers on Eccie who are doing the same thing. They claim to look one way, provide these different services and when you show up they look totally different, do not do what they say they are going to do or only give those services to certain people. Some claim they only take one or two a day, and when you go into the bathroom there is a trash can full of condoms. Like most men involved in this hobby it is a fantasy, you can be with some of the most beautiful woman in the world, if you have the money. This hobby will also leave you broke and ruin your life, I can’t tell you how many times, I have walked out after a session that lasted around 40 minutes that was promised to last 60 minutes that I paid $300.00 dollars for and wondered “why in the hell did I just do that”, I would find myself doing it again, again, again until it became an addiction. Sex and this hobby is a trap and if you do not get out it will consume you and control your life. It is the same for providers, you can’t do this forever so what are you going to do when you get older, your looks fade, and you do not have that great body anymore?

I need something a little bit more meaningful in my life! Take care……………………. Originally Posted by Needit7

I think everything he wrote has a very valid point. Yes there are always going to be exceptions but the hobby for a large number of guys and gals is an addiction. Walking away is a whole lot harder than it looks when one has done it for so long. Getting that short quick high from a great roll between the sheets can be very addictive. Spending tens of thousands on the hobby over the years is something that I wished I had back. It's my goal as well to eventually bail from the hobby. It served it's purpose when I wanted it or needed it through the years.....and still does.....but nothing like before. Fading in the sunset in the hobby is not a bad thing.....just a change in the journey on the Train Ride of Life.