Yes text or No text...and why?

Some providers follow the rule of "No Text Accepted".....some state "Text or call"....some say "Text Only". WTH?
NO NO NO!! Text is so time consuming....lost in translations and tons of time wasters on text! I find a man who cannot pick up the phone to call may be childish, or hiding something.....

And yes I understand you are at work... but shit! where do you work? mc donalds drive thru? you can't take a personal moment to make a phone call? lol!! (no harm to mc donalds or different jobs just making a joke!)
If I haven't seen a client before........do not text me. Im not going to text business with someone Ive never met and like Lola said..waaaay too much lost in translation and time consuming. Pm, call or email or all of the above. I require a phn call & # before I schedule appts also. I need to hear your voice.
I find a man who cannot pick up the phone to call may be childish, or hiding something..... Originally Posted by Lolabrea01
Or maybe he's just a little shy and nervous when calling someone for the first time. An initial text might help overcome that. Sorry we're not all extroverted charmers.
  • b2pop
  • 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
NO NO NO!! Text is so time consuming....lost in translations and tons of time wasters on text! I find a man who cannot pick up the phone to call may be childish, or hiding something..... Originally Posted by Lolabrea01
I would think providers would not want you to call directly unless they just do not screen. That is why I do not call directly on my first contact. I want to see providers who have some kind of screening process. Hobbiers/Providers should all insist on P411 easiest way to screen. However, I do realize some never answer there P411. I usually try P411 first if no response, then I will PM. If I still get no response then I will text or call as a last resort. I personally don't like to call unless I've seen them before.
I would think providers would not want you to call directly unless they just do not screen. That is why I do not call directly on my first contact. I want to see providers who have some kind of screening process. Hobbiers/Providers should all insist on P411 easiest way to screen. However, I do realize some never answer there P411. I usually try P411 first if no response, then I will PM. If I still get no response then I will text or call as a last resort. I personally don't like to call unless I've seen them before. Originally Posted by b2pop

Bravo!! That's exectly the way it should be. Although I do require a confirmation phone call.
In a perfect world yes, sending a P411 request or a pm with your ref's names & contact info would be great!! Wish more men did that. Would make the whole process better. However some still don't get it. Texting is personal to me, so to receive a strange text from someone I have no clue about......makes me irritable. Just sayin. Unless the text contains screen name, refs, p411 info then why even send a text, just contact directly through appropriate website. I dont JUST want a phn call, but an email or pm in addition to a phone call trumps a text anyday in my book.
Lola, I have another reason why I prefer text to voice. I use GV, and if I make a call it will show up in my phone records (although the number isn't the number I call). I can text using the mobile web browser of GV without leaving a trace on my phone. A lot of people use GV and I'd bet many have the same preference.

Btw, I do not make initial contact thru text. This is only after I have introduced myself thru p411 or Eccie PM.
I only turn on my phone 15 minutes before an appointment to give directions to my incall or for last minute emergency. I screen, do all correspondence through e-mail. I am so busy everyday with activities that there is no way I can carry around 2 phones. Don't want my friends/acquaintances to wonder why I have 2 phones and answering phone by a different name. Yikes!!
  • BLM69
  • 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Lola, I have another reason why I prefer text to voice. I use GV, and if I make a call it will show up in my phone records (although the number isn't the number I call). I can text using the mobile web browser of GV without leaving a trace on my phone. A lot of people use GV and I'd bet many have the same preference.

Btw, I do not make initial contact thru text. This is only after I have introduced myself thru p411 or Eccie PM. Originally Posted by TinMan

I only text through gv via browser, providers don't accept text, that's fine with me, many do and get my business.

With text you can respond when convenient or available. My first contact text goes like this. " I saw your ad and wanted to visit" or if eccie lady " Hey it's blm and wanted to visit later"
Text or call is fine with me. Sometimes I can't pick up the phone so text is perfect
after all the great responses here, this is what i feel is the bottom line,,

women: to simplify things, in your showcase or ads or signature [not just posts], please indicate what is your preferred medium of initial and subsequent communication.

men: to minimize communication problems, please use the woman's preferred medium of initial and subsequent communication.

lola, there are a gazillion reasons why a guy can or cannot text, can or cannot call, can or cannot email, can or cannot send p411 or eccie msgs. same for a woman [as samantha's example shows].

so, while i can understand your thinking, pls dont assume or boil it down to that he's childish or hiding something.
Lol yes, I did not have time to write every reason in the book, I have had people who are deaf ect.... but I had no idea about tracing numbers on GV. good point! but yes text gets messy and can be annoying when you wake up to 9 different people who text you "hey" "hi" lol!!! Now if they do say up fron "hey this is so and so I emailed you ...." then I feel its acceptable with little banter
I PREFER text as long as you id yourself in the first text and you still send me a p_411 request and pm from the site. I happen to have a REAL job and it comes before my hobby life. Its so much easier for you to get me on text than actualy on the phone.

I am a midwife so i cant answer calls from clients when I am doing my real job, however if you text me i can get back to you right away unless I am with a woman in labor.

I even tell gents that if you use me as a reference to please let the lady know that i have a real job and rarley answer the phone without knowing the number so texting me and let me know you need a reference Ill text you back and if you still want to talk thats fine ill send you a text back and let you know when ill have a sec. to give you a phone ref. for that gent.
Well, I'll give a different spin on the situation. I am adult late deafened which means I was born with hearing but am now deaf. So, to all the lovely ladies who say, "Texts are welcome." I give a big thank you.