so long, and thanks for all the fish..

• pxmcc
  • 11-11-2023, 12:00 AM
anyone else a fan of Douglas Adams' "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

it turns out Earth is slated for demolition because it's smack dab in the middle of a proposed super-galactic highway. and they call that progress..

dolphins (and maybe killer whales too?) are super intelligent aliens. they get a kick out of playing dumb af homo sapiens for fools for a bunch of free fish, which is why when earth is slated for destruction, the super- intelligent alien civilization dolphins, while executing emergency evacuations, proclaim: "so long, (you sorry ass dumb motherfuckers), and thanks for all the fish.."

anyone who dug Adams' magnum opus, any recs on what would be a good read next?
Asimov's Foundation series.
The premise is that a small committee forecasts the politics of the universe for centuries upon centuries
Revelation
Asimov's Foundation series.
The premise is that a small committee forecasts the politics of the universe for centuries upon centuries Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
It is really best if you start it at the begging. The story actually starts in the early robot novels involving the robot police detective. I liked it best when I read it in a chronological timeline instead of the order of publication. It is more than just the Foundation Trilogy. There are prequels and sequels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k?si=zXNlRKSjIFGYHSP a

Du musst das Lied einschließen, mein Mann
: You have to include the song, my guy :
I did figure out what the answer to the ultimate question "Life, The Universe, and Everything" which is 42 means.

Anyone care to guess ?
  • pxmcc
  • 11-12-2023, 05:47 PM
I did figure out what the answer to the ultimate question "Life, The Universe, and Everything" which is 42 means.

Anyone care to guess ? Originally Posted by GhostRiderYYZ
i'm stumped..

and great reading lists gents!

Michael, Revelation is far trippier than anything religious should be. like, what the fook. and did he take anything 1st..
The Expanse series of books is worth your time. Different from the Amazon series, which is also good.