Hello Kansas City

I am excited to visit your city for the first time, I heard great things about the gentlemen there.

What area of town is most convenient and safe for locals?

Also, any recommendations for steakhouses?
Fantastic news, I’ll gladly take you to breakfast haha
When it comes to Steakhouses it will depend on how far you want to travel and if you want local or chain.

Let's start with Local

Downtown
Anton's Taproom - It is on the Trolley Route and is a butcher shop so you can order any size of cut you want. But I only found it to be ok.

The Majestic - I have heard nothing but fabulous things about this place. It is a true gem.

Golden Ox is back and greater than ever. Back in t he west bottoms.

Plaza
Stock Hill - great place of a once incredible Restaurant group that now has put all of it eggs in to this restaurant alone.

South KC and Overland Park
J Gilberts To be honest this has always been my favorite. It is great price and value and excellent food. Service it top notch and even though it is a chain it originates here.

Hereford House I know there are others in the city but I know of the OP one. I know the original downtown one is gone. It was the gold standard but that was long ago and has not been top notch for some time. Still worth a visit.

Jess and Jim's I will say I heard good things but the only time I went there was for the chicken which is something they are also known. But it is a casual and friendly place to enjoy a great steak without the stuffiness of some of the other stops.

Chains

Main chains in town that are great are

Capital Grille on the Plaza

801 Chophouse one in Power and Light and one in OP

Sullivan's Steakhouse in OP
Thanks for the information! Lot's to choose from
Now I have a new place to go in NOLA. LOL
Welcome!
Welcome to KC!!
Thanks, can't wait!
What is there to do tomorrow night or Sunday afternoon? Looking for sights to see or live music.
What is there to do tomorrow night or Sunday afternoon? Looking for sights to see or live music. Originally Posted by Angela Blake
How about jet skiing with all this rain?
Thanks to the KC gents for an amazing trip! I had a blast.
Would love to see you come back again!!